Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help with Chase Recon

tag
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: Help with Chase Recon

haha thanks i really am hoping thats the case.

they open at 5am, so im gonna stay awake until then! 

and then i got to wake up at 8........lol

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 11 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Ok....but maybe you should take a nap so you will be more alert for their questions.
Message 12 of 18
enharu
Super Contributor

im too nervous/excited to sleep right now. i feel like i've just drank red bull or something lol

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 13 of 18
Chris123nTx
Established Contributor

@enharu wrote:

haha thanks for the advice!

mmm im guessing it has to do with the 5 inquiries back in feb for my auto loan.

the dealership screwed me over on that literally. I qualified for BMW financing to start with, and yet they still inquired with other banks. I'm guessing they got lazy and sent out all the apps at the same time instead of waiting to hear back from BMW first

I bought my daughter a car last august and had financing lined up through usaa that i was going to use. I had to repeatedly tell the sales guy NOT to run my credi, other than a soft pull for id verification if they needed it. He still wanted to, and while it did not get to the argument stage, he did not want to take no for an answer. Finally got to the finance guy, told him the same thing. He says yeah you got great terms, no sense in really trying to beat it and take a bunch of inquires! The guy got it and things were smooth and quick from there. Think the sales guy must be making some money on the financing. Dont blame him but geez listen to the customer eh?
Message 14 of 18
enharu
Super Contributor

sigh i know. i was fairly confident about my credit that i would qualify for the best financing by the manufactuer itself.

i also put in a downpayment of 58k, and financing only approx 10k, with the hopes that it will increase my credit score.

and this is just for a 2yr financing too. i was planning to PIF by end of this year, and get a new and finance it again. 

Now I am going to think this through again because I don't want to get 5 stupid inquiries like this on a yearly basis.

if i had known he was gonna put in so many apps for me, i would have paid the car in full.

what was supposed to increase my score turned out to wreck my score instead.

Message 15 of 18
enharu
Super Contributor

ok just tried calling.

he said the credit department wasn't even open yet (i called the 2nd number as advised) so he told me to call back later Smiley Sad

Message 16 of 18
enharu
Super Contributor

I also applied for AMEX BCP.

Got denied as well. I called EO 8002976197, and they told me to call 8773993083 instead. Spoke to a lady from a foreign call center.

My EX FICO score according to AMEX is 768......and I still got declined Smiley Sad

Reasons are:

1. too many inquiries in past 12 months (5 in feb due to auto loan).

2. amount of credit available <--- I NEED TO GET THIS FIXED. My WF CC is not taken into consideration entirely because of a stupid $30 dispute that a stupid seller on ebay never shipped the item. I am told to send over proof of the dispute and my statement that shows my balance of $0.

3.High debt ratio. I am guessing this refers to my auto loan which is reporting 100% ratio of current balance / total loan amount, since I am not even past my 1st bill statement deadline yet. I have already paid $5000 off $10.5k financed, so I will have to wait till statement cuts on March 25th.

4. Insufficient revolving credit lines (or something like that. could barely understand her) <---- Only my chase and 2 store cards (Macy's & Bloomingdales) are taken into consideration since WF isn't factored in while its in dispute status.

In summary, I am bummed about the denial and excited my EX is 768.

I guess I will have to try call again to recon, or reapply when the stupid dispute falls off. It's hurting me a lot right now since my WF is my highest CL (10k) and also my oldest account established (8yrs).

Anyone have any luck with recons over the phone for AMEX and Chase please help!

For AMEX, the EO office said they are not responsible for stuff like this Smiley Sad Should I call back at another time? Or is there another number to call?

I just called Chase as well. They didn't say whether I am declined or approved. Just told me it's processing...........gahhhhhh. not sure if that's good or bad.

Message 17 of 18
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Ive never had to contact Amex EO-sounds like they are just flat out refusing to help you though.

In the future, be sure to secure financing before you go to the dealer! So many ppl on here get denied bc dealers pull their credit a million times!!!
I absolutely hate dealerships in general! They tend to lie and just want to make a quick buck. It's ashame that they can't be more reliable. Similarly, mechanic/autoshops are hard to trust as well.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.