Did you mean: 

Help with amex questions

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Help with amex questions

@Open123 wrote:

@E150GT wrote:

I still remember vividly when the NSX was unveiled in the early 90s (big McLaren fans back then).  It was the best handling car at the time, and still is after all these years.  Mid engine well balance and commensurately powered sports cars are timless to drive.

Thats what happens when Ayrton Senna has a hand in development. 

I miss that guy.  Too bad.  Glory days of Prost, Mansell, et al...

PS - First live race I ever attended was his first Monaco victory in the rain.  It was amazing, like watching Secretariat running away in the Belmont.

Message 71 of 76
myjourney
Super Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@HiLine wrote:

I would much rather apply for the Premier Rewards Gold: same underwriting standard, much better reward structure, waived first year's annual fee, and 50,000 Membership Rewards bonus. Before the anniversary hit you can request a product change to a cheaper charge card if you find that the extra rewards are not worth the difference in annual fees.

I understand the AF deal which is why i'll make the switch down the road to CC but just what are those points worth? Whats the best way to use?

The points are worth almost 2 cents per point if you transfer the airline partners to book domestic flights. Smiley Wink

Thanks HiLline

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 72 of 76
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Wouldn't it be nice if they could just come out with a card for us car guys (think 3x points on gas) without the MB logo!

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 73 of 76
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

It would have to have no forex for me to consider it. Gas is expensive here, almost $6 per gallon. It would get some decent use. Smiley Happy
EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 74 of 76
Open123
Super Contributor

The Amex Red - Card of choice for the motor enthusiast.  

Spend $5K in 6 months for 100K MR point to be used for gas redemptions, a free oil change for $20K annual spend and tune up at $50K annual spend.

Message 75 of 76
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

The Amex Red - Card of choice for the motor enthusiast.  

Spend $5K in 6 months for 100K MR point to be used for gas redemptions, a free oil change for $20K annual spend and tune up at $50K annual spend.

I buy GM products, so no need for tune ups in the time span I own them, But the gas redemption would be nice.

I doubt the would give me a free oil change in any of our duramaxs or my 7.0L corvette, but maybe I could get one for my Sierra Denali.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 76 of 76
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.