Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Home Depot PreQualify

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Home Depot PreQualify

I have had the Home Depot store card since Sept. 2017 with a spending limit $601 (odd approval amount) where as of today it still stands.  Try twice for credit limit increase and was denied (too many inquiries = TU-10/last yr.).

For giggles, today checked Home Depot prequalify site and Congratulations! You're pre-qualified for The Home Depot Consumer Credit Card.  Is it possible to have two of the same Home Depot credit cards?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Re: Home Depot PreQualify

I would think you could have two. You can have two of most major cards. It may depend on how long ago you opened your current card though. All of this is speculation though, as I don’t know for sure. Only one way to find out!

Discover It: 26.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 6.5k
Message 2 of 7
CCrew
Regular Contributor

Home Depot is a weird bird. They may open another, they may open it and close it once the realization hits. 

Certainly their underwriting is weird. I have a $22k limit on my Lowes card and a $500 limit on my HD - same age accounts , that they won't raise. Guess where I shop for big ticket items? lol. 

Message 3 of 7
ChargedUp
Senior Contributor

@CCrew wrote:

Home Depot is a weird bird. They may open another, they may open it and close it once the realization hits. 

Certainly their underwriting is weird. I have a $22k limit on my Lowes card and a $500 limit on my HD - same age accounts , that they won't raise. Guess where I shop for big ticket items? lol. 

I agree it's odd to see that, but they're different banks. Lowes is Synchrony and HD is Citi IIRC. Synch seems to give very high limits on Lowes accounts (I've seen north of $30K in signature lines here) and Citi tends to be a bit on the frugal side on all their cards.

Message 4 of 7
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I'm not sure if they will actually issue two accounts to the same person.  I had the same frustration with mine.  $1250 starting line in 2011 and it stayed there even after running thousands through it.  By 2016 I had taken about 6-8 HPs from CBNA trying to increase the limit to no avail.  Gave up, opened a Lowe's card for $17,000 and closed the Home Depot card.  Within months I had gone to to $25,000 and within about a year had hit $35,000.  It's a shame because I like my nearest Home Depot much better than my nearest Lowe's, but the Lowe's card not only offers much higher credit lines on average but also 5% off every day with even better long-term promotional offers than the HD card.  Strangely, my first actual Citi app was right after I closed the HD card for $5,600 and that card has had no problems growing.

Message 5 of 7
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

Yes you can have up too 5.
Amex ED: 10K, Macys Amex: 4K , BOA Premium Rewards: 60K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3.5K, PNC Cash Unlimited: 5K
Message 6 of 7
macinjosh
Senior Contributor

I pre-qualified the other day for a Home Depot Consumer Card, however, I won't app because 25.99% isn't very appealing. And frankly, I don't shop there enough to get another credit card.

Samsung Financing TD Bank $3,200

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.