cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hotel Cards

Highlighted
Established Contributor

Hotel Cards

I'm trying to look for a good hotel card to get.

AF is up to 75 max, and I want a yearly free night.

 

I usually look for the best deal when booking for hotels anyways, so not loyal to any singular one.

 

I mean, heck, I would love the Ritz card, minus the 450 AF lol.

 

So if you guys could list me a few and we will go from there..

I would prefer a Chase backed card, as I have the CSP and can transfer points to and from each card.. 

 

But if its a famous hotel chain, I wouldn't mind it being not by Chase. As long as there are more hotels than the Chase backed ones.

 

Also, I live in Houston, TX, and usually travel to Chicago, Cali, NYC, Miami.. and will start to travel internationally.. Europe, South Africa, India. Australia, Bora Bora..

 

So with that in mind, I would love to utilize world wide free nights..

 

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.


Total Credit Line- $89,300| Personal- $78,650 | Biz- $5,650
Current Score [F9]: EX-721 || TU-759 || EQ-768 || AAoA-2yrs7mo || uti- 1% || 100% payment history || 9 inq
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Hotel Cards

Fairmont Card. It is backed by Chase, is offering two nights for free with min. spend. It will also give you a guaranteed value of at least 1 cent per point, and will also give you a free night with $12k in annual spend. With the prices at most Fairmont Hotels being fairly high this is a great value card IMO. You will also get suite upgrade coupons that can be used in conjunction witht the free nights. So you get extra extra value. AF is waived for the first year too. 

Message 2 of 9
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: Hotel Cards


@tydawg wrote:

Fairmont Card. It is backed by Chase, is offering two nights for free with min. spend. It will also give you a guaranteed value of at least 1 cent per point, and will also give you a free night with $12k in annual spend. With the prices at most Fairmont Hotels being fairly high this is a great value card IMO. You will also get suite upgrade coupons that can be used in conjunction witht the free nights. So you get extra extra value. AF is waived for the first year too. 


My only issue would be the minimum spending of 12k. That would mean I am taking away from my FU of 12k spending and utlizing it on the Fairmont, which is a loss of 6k points..

 

I'm not sure if I want to do that. Loss of 6k points/yr.. Can someone give me a quick run down, to see if it's worth the 6k loss? + 95 AF?

 

Ritz would make more sense than this as the 450 AF, but they give 300 travel credit, 100 discount on select air fare, and 100 global credit..

 

thoughts?


Total Credit Line- $89,300| Personal- $78,650 | Biz- $5,650
Current Score [F9]: EX-721 || TU-759 || EQ-768 || AAoA-2yrs7mo || uti- 1% || 100% payment history || 9 inq
Message 3 of 9
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Re: Hotel Cards

It really depends on what you value Chase points as. If you use them as a transfer to an airline program the value is harder to calculate so it would be difficult to see if shifting $6k in spend to the Fairmont would result in a better value. 

 

edit: The Ritz card has a $10k limit, have your scores improved significantly from the time your CSP and FU were approved?

Message 4 of 9
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: Hotel Cards


@tydawg wrote:

It really depends on what you value Chase points as. If you use them as a transfer to an airline program the value is harder to calculate so it would be difficult to see if shifting $6k in spend to the Fairmont would result in a better value. 

 

edit: The Ritz card has a $10k limit, have your scores improved significantly from the time your CSP and FU were approved?


No sir, same scores. but I'm just doing research for now, so I can plan accordingly, I guess.

 

I use my Chase UR for the miles mostly. Was able to travel to LAX from HOU for only 11k miles on avios, which is ridiculous!

I feel the best way to use the points on the UR are miles.

 

Just trying to find a way to make the hotel stays easier I guess if that makes sense..


Total Credit Line- $89,300| Personal- $78,650 | Biz- $5,650
Current Score [F9]: EX-721 || TU-759 || EQ-768 || AAoA-2yrs7mo || uti- 1% || 100% payment history || 9 inq
Message 5 of 9
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Hotel Cards


@Random_idiot wrote:

I'm trying to look for a good hotel card to get.

AF is up to 75 max, and I want a yearly free night.

 

I usually look for the best deal when booking for hotels anyways, so not loyal to any singular one.

 

I mean, heck, I would love the Ritz card, minus the 450 AF lol.

 

So if you guys could list me a few and we will go from there..

I would prefer a Chase backed card, as I have the CSP and can transfer points to and from each card.. 

 

But if its a famous hotel chain, I wouldn't mind it being not by Chase. As long as there are more hotels than the Chase backed ones.

 

Also, I live in Houston, TX, and usually travel to Chicago, Cali, NYC, Miami.. and will start to travel internationally.. Europe, South Africa, India. Australia, Bora Bora..

 

So with that in mind, I would love to utilize world wide free nights..

 

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.


IHG!

 

Some FT members like to redeem the worldwide night at one of the two ICs in Bora Bora. I'm personally going for CP Times Square on New Year's. A $2k revenue room as a renewal perk on a  $49 AF card!

 

It's from Chase, and a UR transfer partner, but It's better to buy IHG points for like 0.7 cpp or less than to transfer URs. IHG is usually more about getting points cheaply in vast numbers than getting a great value per point.

Spend: BofA PR + WWFCR, BBP, Schwab Platinum, CFF+CF, Costco, Discover
Perks: IHG49, Hyatt75, Delta Platinum, "Old" SPG95
SD/AAoA Ballast: Arrival, CFU, DC
Upgrade/downgrade games: BCE, EDP
SUB: JetBlue, Amex Platinum
Mostly earning MRs and cash back as I use up hotel and airline points spread across several programs.
Message 6 of 9
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: Hotel Cards


@wasCB14 wrote:

@Random_idiot wrote:

I'm trying to look for a good hotel card to get.

AF is up to 75 max, and I want a yearly free night.

 

I usually look for the best deal when booking for hotels anyways, so not loyal to any singular one.

 

I mean, heck, I would love the Ritz card, minus the 450 AF lol.

 

So if you guys could list me a few and we will go from there..

I would prefer a Chase backed card, as I have the CSP and can transfer points to and from each card.. 

 

But if its a famous hotel chain, I wouldn't mind it being not by Chase. As long as there are more hotels than the Chase backed ones.

 

Also, I live in Houston, TX, and usually travel to Chicago, Cali, NYC, Miami.. and will start to travel internationally.. Europe, South Africa, India. Australia, Bora Bora..

 

So with that in mind, I would love to utilize world wide free nights..

 

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.


IHG!

 

Some FT members like to redeem the worldwide night at one of the two ICs in Bora Bora. I'm personally going for CP Times Square on New Year's. A $2k revenue room as a renewal perk on a  $49 AF card!

 

It's from Chase, and a UR transfer partner, but It's better to buy IHG points for like 0.7 cpp or less than to transfer URs. IHG is usually more about getting points cheaply in vast numbers than getting a great value per point.


very nice!

 

I will def check them out. I would only use them for the free anniversary night haha!


Total Credit Line- $89,300| Personal- $78,650 | Biz- $5,650
Current Score [F9]: EX-721 || TU-759 || EQ-768 || AAoA-2yrs7mo || uti- 1% || 100% payment history || 9 inq
Message 7 of 9
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: Hotel Cards

Hyatt would be worth a look.

Amex Gold =Amex ED 20k = Amex BCP 14k = Amex SPG Lux 2k = Arrival 2k = Ring 14k = BOA 321 30k = BOA BBR 10k = CSR 25k = Freedom 10k = Citi Simplicity 9k = Citi DC 5k = Citi DP 3k = DCVR IT 16k = DCVR IT(2) 10k = CAP1 QS 15k = NFCU CR24k/AE25k/CLOC 15k = BBVA 14k = Wells Plat. 5k = (2) US Bank Cash+ 13k, 18k = PenFed 17k

FICO scores TU 764 EX 739 EQ 745
Message 8 of 9
Highlighted
Super Contributor

Re: Hotel Cards


@Random_idiot wrote:

@wasCB14 wrote:

@Random_idiot wrote:

I'm trying to look for a good hotel card to get.

AF is up to 75 max, and I want a yearly free night.

 

I usually look for the best deal when booking for hotels anyways, so not loyal to any singular one.

 

I mean, heck, I would love the Ritz card, minus the 450 AF lol.

 

So if you guys could list me a few and we will go from there..

I would prefer a Chase backed card, as I have the CSP and can transfer points to and from each card.. 

 

But if its a famous hotel chain, I wouldn't mind it being not by Chase. As long as there are more hotels than the Chase backed ones.

 

Also, I live in Houston, TX, and usually travel to Chicago, Cali, NYC, Miami.. and will start to travel internationally.. Europe, South Africa, India. Australia, Bora Bora..

 

So with that in mind, I would love to utilize world wide free nights..

 

Any advice would be appreciated. Thank you.


IHG!

 

Some FT members like to redeem the worldwide night at one of the two ICs in Bora Bora. I'm personally going for CP Times Square on New Year's. A $2k revenue room as a renewal perk on a  $49 AF card!

 

It's from Chase, and a UR transfer partner, but It's better to buy IHG points for like 0.7 cpp or less than to transfer URs. IHG is usually more about getting points cheaply in vast numbers than getting a great value per point.


very nice!

 

I will def check them out. I would only use them for the free anniversary night haha!


The rewards for regular spending are not great. I put on some $10 or $20 charge every 3-4 months in an abundance of caution to keep it active.

Spend: BofA PR + WWFCR, BBP, Schwab Platinum, CFF+CF, Costco, Discover
Perks: IHG49, Hyatt75, Delta Platinum, "Old" SPG95
SD/AAoA Ballast: Arrival, CFU, DC
Upgrade/downgrade games: BCE, EDP
SUB: JetBlue, Amex Platinum
Mostly earning MRs and cash back as I use up hotel and airline points spread across several programs.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.