Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Household/Cap one finally honest?

tag
calihlove75
Established Contributor

Household/Cap one finally honest?

I don't know why I even persue this but I decided to call the backdoor number for HSBC for the Credit Analyst. I explained my whole story abot being stuck at $300 and how I received 3 inquires when promised soft back in Feb/March,blah blah blah. She didn't even bother offering to see if credit increases where available. Keep in mind I called the number on the back of my card two weeks ago complaining and they offered to do a cli with a credit check (hard inquiry and of course I told them no thanks..lol).

Anyway, this woman said it was a rebuilder card and they are going through major changes and evaluating these cards and are not doing cli. She basically admitted they are dead-end cards. Oh, and she was from Capital one but I called the HSBC #. So I am thinking that even if I would have agreed to a hard inquiry when I called the number on my card, it would have resulted in a no go because they are not doing cli!!

Editted to say that she recommended I apply for their normal cards on capital one website Smiley Wink Haha

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Household/Cap one finally honest?

Wierd, I honestly don't know.  Numerous others have reported CLI's on Orchard accounts via SP, and as near as I can tell I still don't have an inquiry on my reports from my own recent 300->400 bump... and it's difficult to be more "rebuilder" than the Orchard cards in the accounts Cap One acquired I think.

Did they give any hint as to what sort of changes they were looking at?

        
Message 2 of 6
calihlove75
Established Contributor

I have the household platinum card and she didn't even take the time to look at my account history or offer to initiate a cli. She just said that there are many changes occuring and they are evaluating everything...whatever that means. However, she did say that this particular rebuilder card was meant to never grow which is the first time anyone ever admitted that to me (although I suspected it). I just thought it was weird that I was talking to capital one and thought I was talking to household!!

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I asked for a CLI in Dec 2011 and got 300 (2400 > 2700)(SP). This month I asked for another 300 and got denied 2x but I got it after the 3rd time. The reason for denial when i asked the first time was "Actual Utilization." Apparently I use the card too much..lol..I pay before the statement cut so it never reports the high util. The card is HSBC Platinum Rewards (2% back on everything) w/o an AF so I use it for everything not 5% on my Freedom. It is probably my last CLI from HSBC because I pretty much begged the credit analyst because she said they don't give CLI often. I think she hard pulled but I don't know which report. It is not TU since CK is not showing me the HP. All of my CRs are clean except for 1 small collection on Experian.

Message 4 of 6
MarcinXP
Frequent Contributor

Honestly I don't know. I had someone tell me that my $300 Rebuilder was also a dead end card about 5 months ago. This was an analyst at the backdoor number. I called the executive office and told them that and they said they looked at it and its not true, however they did say that Household Platinum Rebuilder when they do CLI its based on your history with the card and soft pull is done and my BBRMZC is also soft pull but its based on your UTILIZATION. Anyway they still declined CLI.

Now I called last week and my util was low like 3%..lowest I had was about 18% and they still denied CLI..anyway BBRZMC gave me $200 soft pull CLI which I was shocked since I heard last 8 times NO SORRY...and then decided to call the Household Rebuilder Card the one that was never supposed to grow and they gave me $100 CLI.

YMMV With all of these products as HSBC/CAPONE and it really varies with whoever you speak with.

NFCU Visa Sig $30k / Amex Blue Cash $25.5k / Fidelity Amex $25k / Chase Freedom $14.5k / Citi Double Cash $5k / Capital One Quicksilver Visa Sig $5k / Citi Best Buy MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2.95k / BOA - BBR $2.5k / SY Lowes $15k / SY Amazon $6k / Target RedCard - $300
Message 5 of 6
calihlove75
Established Contributor

@MarcinXP wrote:

Honestly I don't know. I had someone tell me that my $300 Rebuilder was also a dead end card about 5 months ago. This was an analyst at the backdoor number. I called the executive office and told them that and they said they looked at it and its not true, however they did say that Household Platinum Rebuilder when they do CLI its based on your history with the card and soft pull is done and my BBRMZC is also soft pull but its based on your UTILIZATION. Anyway they still declined CLI.

Now I called last week and my util was low like 3%..lowest I had was about 18% and they still denied CLI..anyway BBRZMC gave me $200 soft pull CLI which I was shocked since I heard last 8 times NO SORRY...and then decided to call the Household Rebuilder Card the one that was never supposed to grow and they gave me $100 CLI.

YMMV With all of these products as HSBC/CAPONE and it really varies with whoever you speak with.

What number did you call for your household? When I did the number on the card they said they would check my credit but honesty I think I was speaking to someone outside the US. I even asked to be transferred to a manager and he too said it would result in a credit check. So thats when I decided to call the number listed on here and was told they are not doing cli. Now I am confused!! I have received a run a round since day one over this card. I need to just let it go!!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.