cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Can You Get A Trip To Disney World?

tag
sengpatt
Regular Contributor

Re: How Can You Get A Trip To Disney World?

I just did a product change to it a couple months ago, but I am liking it so far. I originally had an Alaska Airlines credit card, but since I no longer fly Alaska as often, this works better for me.

The card has no annual fee and gives 1.5% back on all purchases as well as 3% back on travel booked through the BofA website. You also get a annual 10% bonus if you have a BofA checking account, so after a year those percentages actually come out to 1.65% and 3.3%, respectively. In addition, it comes with an EMV chip and no foreign transaction fees.

It's not the absolute best option in terms of earning rewards, but I use it as my catch-all card for those categories that aren't covered by my other cards. I'm planning some international travel in the fall, so it will definitely come in handy then. On the whole, I think it's a good travel/general use card for people whose credit scores/income don't necessarily put them in the "high roller" category.

The sign-up bonus isn't super high, but I've seen it get up to $150 cash back. If you get a good offer and think you would put the card to good use, I would go for it. The one downside of me PCing is that I didn't receive the sign-up bonus.

Finally, I haven't run into too much trouble with BofA, but my limited interactions with BofA customer service have been just okay. I've had to work a little to get what I wanted, but I have always gotten my requests through. The trick is to use the backdoor numbers listed in the stickied thread on here.

EX: 758 (10/12), TU: ???, EQ: ???

BankAmericard Travel Rewards // Citi Forward // Amex Blue Cash Preferred // Gap Visa
Message 11 of 20
firstladyd
Contributor

AH-HAH Backdoor numbers are always the key.  I have time to wait for good offers to come up. Plus I'm waiting for all cards to report a 0 balance and I should get a really nice score bump. I think Im going to app 2 cards at a time every six months.  I saw the HH offers but I didnt know about the free weekends. THANKS. I dont think my profile is ready for a citi card. Ex is my cleanest report inquiry wise. Come March it will only have 2. I think as soon as my new bal gets reported im going to go for Freedom card. I want that SPG for the hotel stay for the trip, just not sure if I'll get it.

Starting Score: 585
Current Score: TU 734 Walmart EQ 704 FICO EX 721
Goal Score: 750 Across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 20
HappySoda
Valued Member

Not trying to bring u down but you're going to have to run thousands and thousands of dollars through these cards to get the free trip. I've ran 3 grand through a card and I earned like a 50 dollar gift card. So u figure 30 grand to get 500 dollars and 120 grand to get 2000 dollars of rewards. That's gonna be insane. Just saying.
Message 13 of 20
firstladyd
Contributor

I pay for everything with a CC. Then I just PIF when its due. The only thing I don't pay with a CC is rent, car note, and other CC. I probably run $2000-2500 a month. That with an awesome sign on bonus is not so insane. Just takes careful planning. No reason to pay full price for this trip is how I see it. Especially when I can get rewarded for things I am going to buy and bills I am going to pay anyways.

Message 14 of 20
CreditScholar
Valued Contributor

The main problem you're going to have is that you have 4 people. This means 4 airfares. You'll realistically need at least 2 different airline cards, plus 1-2 hotel cards. Given how borderline your score is for most travel rewards cards, I'd say there's a good chance this isn't possible. Applying for that many cards in such a short window would hurt your scores a fair bit, even if you were approved.

If you'd still like to try, your best bet would be the United Explorer Card plus Citibank's AA card. By the time you spend enough to meet the minimum requirements, you should have around 50k miles in each. Both United and American allow one-way awards at 12.5 miles each. You'd redeem for 4x one way tickets on United (12,500x5=50,000), and then 4x one way tickets for the return trip on American.

For hotels it's a bit easier. The Hilton cards are an option, and so is the US Bank Club Carlson card. The signup bonus on the latter is 80k points, plus you get the final night free. That 80k points from the signup bonus should be enough for 3 nights. Another option would be the Chase Marriott which gives 50k points plus a Category 1-4 certificate. That can be used at the Courtyard Lake Buena Vista, plus 40k points for the other 2 nights.

EX 798, EQ 789, TU 784
American Express Platinum (NPSL) || Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Barclays American Airlines Aviator Red World Elite Mastercard - $20,000 CL || Chase IHG Rewards World Mastercard - $25,000 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL || Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank Hilton Reserve Visa Signature - $20,000 CL || J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Message 15 of 20
firstladyd
Contributor

Even if I cant get all four flights paid for with rewards as long as i can get 2 thats great. Its really the hotel rooms that are the most expensive cost of this trip as far as i can see.

Message 16 of 20
firstladyd
Contributor

Also as soon as my new balances report I should see a good bump at least 15 points i think. My eq score is really outdated it is 705 right now.

Message 17 of 20
thankfulheart
Established Contributor

sent you a PM Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 10/1/2011 EQ 568 TU 593
Current Score: EQ 664 TU 700 EX 701 (FAKO)

Message 18 of 20
dobirdsmommy
Established Contributor

Chase does provide a Disney VISA and Disney Debit Visa.

You get perks in the parks and hotels such as 10% off purchases over $50.00. Certain restaurants are included in that too. They also provide you a discount on the tours they offer for the parks.

Also in Disney with the Chase card you get perks for certain events. We were there for the food and wine; so we received lower row tickets for the Epcot concerts for 38 Special and Billy Ocean. Also for fireworks viewings they give you wristbands for Chase customers.  They also had a Chase VIP lounge with free refreshments and air conditioning area with TVs.

I used my card in October when DH and DS and I were there for 12 days.

We used our room key for charging and then paid it off at the hotel with the 10% off. They are do interest free financing on your vacation when you make payments.

building since 2011 Wallet:ME: Walmart 3k;Barclays Rewards 10k, Venture 18k; Slate 5k; Freedom 10k; overstock 4.8k, SGV2.5k; WEMC 20k 1.5 Rewards, Gamestop 1.2k, Fingerhut 3k; 2 NMAC Leases , VS 1.75k, BH 1.62k, Express 1.6k, Avenue 1.75k, JCrew 5k, HSN 1.47k, Torrid 1.55k, Roamans 1.4k, Jessica London 1.54k, kings direct 1.7k, Buckle 1.4k, WW 1.65k, ........ baddies:Fed Tax Lien
DH: 1750 capital one fh 2000, AU - VS, BH, HSN, WEMC, SPGV. Freedom, Slate, Venture, Barclays
Message 19 of 20
lithium78
Established Contributor

You may want to look into the Chase Southwest card.  I think the sign-on bonus is 40,000 points which is almost enough by itself for two round-trip tickets to Orlando from pretty much anywhere in the contiguous 48.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.