Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Sensitive is Navy to Inquires

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How Sensitive is Navy to Inquires

Just wondering how many before they start to matter with them? Currently at 7 on my TU and wondering if I should wait til they fall off. DPs for  other issuers is welcomed also.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How Sensitive is Navy to Inquires

Navy and sensitive shouldn't really be in the same sentence honestly. 

They're one of the most relaxed lenders around as long as they're getting paid. 

They can be a bit tough with CLIs and second/third cards sometimes but it's not common. 

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

I mean, it would never hurt to let inquiries fall of your CR's. Good luck if you decide to apply! 👍

Message 3 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

They can be a bit tough with CLIs and second/third cards sometimes but it's not common. 

I figured. I'm on a road to rebuild. Completely blank slate as of December 2019. In December I got a Citibank Secured Card ($500) Navy Secured ($200) both have reported twice. (1%utilization). Quicksilver unsecured ($300) two weeks ago. Reading the forums got me to check the Disco Prequal site. It said I was. So I applied for the IT. Hoping to get $500-$1000. I called to verify something and the rep said I was approved for $6500!! My motives are more so to have everything applied for around the same time so they can all age together. The only other card I would apply for within the next year would be a second Navy. Hence the post.

@Anonymous
Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I figured. I'm on a road to rebuild. Completely blank slate as of December 2019. In December I got a Citibank Secured Card ($500) Navy Secured ($200) both have reported twice. (1%utilization). Quicksilver unsecured ($300) two weeks ago. Reading the forums got me to check the Disco Prequal site. It said I was. So I applied for the IT. Hoping to get $500-$1000. I called to verify something and the rep said I was approved for $6500!! My motives are more so to have everything applied for around the same time so they can all age together. The only other card I would apply for within the next year would be a second Navy. Hence the post.

@Anonymous

Well as long as you're managing your accounts well, 6 months with a secured card can often be enough to get approved for an unsecured card with NFCU. It's worth a shot in June. 

Message 5 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous

Well as long as you're managing your accounts well, 6 months with a secured card can often be enough to get approved for an unsecured card with NFCU. It's worth a shot in June. 

Thank you. I for one always appreciate the help and advice from the forums! 

Message 6 of 21
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just wondering how many before they start to matter with them? Currently at 7 on my TU and wondering if I should wait til they fall off. DPs for  other issuers is welcomed also.

My TU is a Navy graveyardSmiley Wink. They dont mind hps , nor do they seem to mind giving themSmiley Wink

Message 7 of 21
Loquat
Moderator Emeritus

If you get a denial from NFCU and inquiries were sites as the reason, trust me, there were other factors and they just tossed that in there to waste more ink on paper.
Message 8 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Loquat wrote:
If you get a denial from NFCU and inquiries were sites as the reason, trust me, there were other factors and they just tossed that in there to waste more ink on paper.

Thank you: I'm just going to wait until June after I've have 6 statements.  Also, any DPs on which issuers limit match. I know it's not a factor with Navy, but I'm wondering about how (besides running a lot of spend thru) to get my Quicksilver to have a usuable limit. Will they take into account my discover limits when it comes time to request a CLI? 

Message 9 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Loquat wrote:

Thank you: I'm just going to wait until June after I've have 6 statements.  Also, any DPs on which issuers limit match. I know it's not a factor with Navy, but I'm wondering about how (besides running a lot of spend thru) to get my Quicksilver to have a usuable limit. Will they take into account my discover limits when it comes time to request a CLI? 

Capital One wants heavy use and they're known for bucketing people and not growing. It's generally not worth the hassle to grow their cards considering there are better options on the market. 

Disco is the only limit matcher I have. When I got my NFCU Platinum card to $12,700 they gave me CLIs to $12,700 and it hasn't budged since. 

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.