Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How common is Uber Visa auto cli?

tag
NaaryalHead
Regular Contributor

How common is Uber Visa auto cli?

I've had the card for over 8 months and pretty much every month I use up all of the $500 limit and then pay in full. Still no CLI in sight. How often does uber auto cli.
I've read about barclays being jealous often and curious if my new Citi card from 2 months ago turned them off?

5k+ CLs: Chase Amazon, Cap1 QS1,
10k+ CLs: BofA Cash Rewards, Amex Cash Magnet, Citi DC, Barclays Uber, Citi Premier, Chase Saphire Preff,Cap1 Savor1

Torch bearer of the Bucketeers' Society. Shamefully carrying a bucketed Cap One QS1 with AF & zero chance of a PC.
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: How common is Uber Visa auto cli?

Barclay is sometimes known to give an auto CLI around the 6-7 month mark, but you've already passed that, and that's the most common interval I have seen. If you really want a CLI I would just request it. Your other limits aren't huge, but Barclay should be willing to come up some if your account has 8 months of good history. If you're going to take the HP CLI I would aim high and see what happens.

You'll drive yourself crazy waiting for a CLI that an algorithim may or may not ever decide to give you. I always find it's easier to just request a CLI and be done with it.

Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went 18 months and I never got one, I had to request it.  I had 12k, I requested 35k and they gave me 25k.

Message 3 of 14
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I got my one and only Barclays auto on a now-discontinued card (Sallie Rewards) after 20 months.

So it's not limited to 6/12/18 months.
Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

My Uber Visa will be 1 year tomorrow. No auto CLI yet. 

Message 5 of 14
Shooting-For-800
Senior Contributor

Not common.

If you know your score is dramatically better than it was when you opened the card and you have at least 7 months of good spending on it, you might want to take the HP to check for CLI.

I have not received a CLI on my Uber have no issues with other cards.

Rebuild started in 2014  -  $100k unsecured credit in 2017  -  $500k unsecured credit in 2024.

DON'T WORK FOR CREDIT CARDS ... MAKE CREDIT CARDS WORK FOR YOU!

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I went 18 months and I never got one, I had to request it.  I had 12k, I requested 35k and they gave me 25k.

That's worth a HP!!!

I just called them upon approval for a secondary review to bump from 11K to 25K w/o another pull.  I doubt I'll be putting much spend on it.  Mostly got it for the free $100 for the MSR.

Message 7 of 14
wasCB14
Super Contributor

I also got an Arrival 9 months after Sallie (11 before the auto CLI) with a higher SL. If Barclays still allows easy reallocations (get others to confirm) you might consider trying for a new card with a nice bonus (maybe wait for a limited-time offer) and moving some CL over.

*OP, your sig sums to 21k, not 18k. Best to clarify that to avoid any confusion in CL-focused threads!
Message 8 of 14
NaaryalHead
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the wonderful replies guys.

Does asking for an hp CLI Count towards 5/24?

Also I think I have to wait this one out as my newest card will be just 3 months old in a week and that still sounds too new to risk a hp with Sir Barclays of Westeros

5k+ CLs: Chase Amazon, Cap1 QS1,
10k+ CLs: BofA Cash Rewards, Amex Cash Magnet, Citi DC, Barclays Uber, Citi Premier, Chase Saphire Preff,Cap1 Savor1

Torch bearer of the Bucketeers' Society. Shamefully carrying a bucketed Cap One QS1 with AF & zero chance of a PC.
Message 9 of 14
wasCB14
Super Contributor

HP CLI does not count towards 5/24 since it does not create a new account. By contrast, I got my Delta Platinum with just a SP but since it's a new account it does count towards 5/24.
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.