cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you guys handle having multiple cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How do you guys handle having multiple cards?

I would do the same thing but I just closed on my new house Tuesday and for months I haven’t charged anything on a card. I had nothing to obsess over besides my growing credit score.
Message 41 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

WTH I went to take a power nap and my email gets blown up by this thread.
Message 42 of 55
The-Credit-Disciple
Frequent Contributor

How does it feel to be a homeowner?? Congrats my friend, we can't wait to we buy our first house, super excited
Message 43 of 55
The-Credit-Disciple
Frequent Contributor

@ Oldman87 , sorry waking you up, this was a great Topic
Message 44 of 55
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Oh and I forgot to mention OP, pay every bill you can with your CCs..I mean EVERYTHING! Water, electric, auto insurance, groceries, gas, rent/ mortgage... if it's possible and doesn't cost you more to do in the end.

I pay the electric bill normally 2.5 to 3 months in advance. The payment site allows a charge of $600 at a time. I'm charged $2.28 for using the card. But I'll get $30 back in rewards. Time the payment after the new statement cuts on the CC. That gives you nearly 55 days to pay the balance. If you time it properly, it will fall around the time you'd be paying the electric bill anyway. And you would have spent the same amount over the same period of time.

It takes discipline to do this, because you'll have that $600 sitting in your bank account. Which some might think of as extra money. When it's already spent. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Taking my family on a culture trip to Guatemala in a few months. Most of it is paid for with CCs I've churned over the last year.
Message 45 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

Being a homeowner is awesome! Can’t wait until my internet is installed and my fridge is delivered!
Message 46 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:
Taking my family on a culture trip to Guatemala in a few months. Most of it is paid for with CCs I've churned over the last year.
Don't forget to try Guatemalan insanity peppers.
Message 47 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Being a homeowner is awesome! Can’t wait until my internet is installed and my fridge is delivered!
You think it's awesome now, just wait for the property tax bill!
Message 48 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

When you guys say you “churn” cards, what exactly do you mean?
Message 49 of 55
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:
Don't forget to try Guatemalan insanity peppers.

You wouldn't be trying to put me in the grave early, would you Oldman?😂

Message 50 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.