cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does AE w/ NPSL report on Credit Reports?

tag
tmbr10
Regular Contributor

How does AE w/ NPSL report on Credit Reports?

For those of you with AE charge cards or charge cards in general... How does their reporting effect your utilization and your debt to credit ratio? In other words, If you have no credit limit, how do you calculate this into the debt/credit formula? Does the fact that you are expected to PIF each month negate its effect (positive and negative) on utilization? What if you choose to carry a balance on one of these?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
G19OD
Contributor

Re: How does AE w/ NPSL report on Credit Reports?

This was my thread from yesterday:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Final-Word-on-allowing-ZYNC-to-report/m-p/1471680#M4047...

It should have the answers you need. If not, there is a lot to find by searching.

Message 2 of 6
tmbr10
Regular Contributor

Gotcha! Thanks! I think I have been correct all these years in staying away from charge cards. Too much to keep up with for me.

Message 3 of 6
Crashem
Valued Contributor

I love charge cards for how they are treated utilization wise.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 4 of 6
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Crashem wrote:

I love charge cards for how they are treated utilization wise.

Ditto. I love my AE
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 5 of 6
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@tmbr10 wrote:

Gotcha! Thanks! I think I have been correct all these years in staying away from charge cards. Too much to keep up with for me.

Not really...I would think the idea of not having it counted in utilization calculations very useful. There's less to manage (i.e. trying to push payments through by a certain date, etc)

Can't wait till I get my AMEX...

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.