cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does SavorONE for “GOOD CREDIT” differ from other SavorONE cards..

tag
Jazzcat
Valued Member

How does SavorONE for “GOOD CREDIT” differ from other SavorONE cards..

What is the distinction between different flavors of SavorONE cards..? What is the hierarchy?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

Re: How does SavorONE for “GOOD CREDIT” differ from other SavorONE cards..

@Jazzcat wrote:

What is the distinction between different flavors of SavorONE cards..? What is the hierarchy?

This link explains it all

savor vs savor one 

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 1600/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos in the 680 - 690 range, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's
My vantage scores 708 - 711
TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 2 of 9
TampaBAY86
Regular Contributor

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

@Jazzcat wrote:

This link explains it all

savor vs savor one 

OP isn't asking about Savor vs. SavorOne, but the difference between the SavorOne cards.

The SavorOne offers the SUB and 0% intro APR (looks like a lower APR as well - 14.99-24.99), but the SavorOne for Good Credit and Student card do not have the SUB and have a standard 26.99% APR.  All of them earn the same rewards.

https://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/compare/ 

Message 3 of 9
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I believe the other differentiator is that, like the other "for good credit" card variants, the underwriting for the Good Credit version of this card has somewhat more relaxed standards for approval than the other versions.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 4 of 9
TSlop
Valued Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

I believe the other differentiator is that, like the other "for good credit" card variants, the underwriting for the Good Credit version of this card has somewhat more relaxed standards for approval than the other versions.

This is how I also interpret it. The "SavorOne Rewards" has a SUB and an initial APR range (at application time). The "SavorOne Rewards for Good Credit" has no SUB and a fixed initial APR (at application time) that is slightly higher. Since the "SavorOne Rewards" needs excellent credit, and the "SavorOne Rewards for Good Credit" needs good credit, it is likely easier to obtain the good credit one. The earning appears to be the same on both cards.

So the hierarchy from top to bottom would be SavorOne Rewards -> SavorOne Rewards for Good Credit.

Message 5 of 9
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@TSlop wrote:

This is how I also interpret it. The "SavorOne Rewards" has a SUB and a variable APR. The "SavorOne Rewards for Good Credit" has no SUB and a fixed APR that is slightly higher.

Well, both APRs are variable, i.e. they can change with an index.   It's just that the Good Credit one offers just one rate at time of application, whereas the excellent one has a range.

Message 6 of 9
TSlop
Valued Contributor

I'll update my post, I should have made that more clear.

Message 7 of 9
Jazzcat
Valued Member

Got it...!

Thnx gang...

Message 8 of 9
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

My spouse has the "good credit" version. He was miraculously approved even though he is rebuilding after Cap1 emailed him a pre-approved offer. The initial SL was $1,000. He has received 2 CLIs of $100 each, even though we use it heavily for the 3% cash back on groceries and dining. It's a great card even though they are stingy with the CL. That being said, I recently got this card for my grandmother. She too is rebuilding and had a chapter 7 that was discharged in 3/2020. Well, they approved her for $10k! I believe the APR for both of their cards is 25.49%. Anyway, I think it's a good card. Definitely try their pre-approval tool and see what it offers you first, rather than wasting 3 HPs.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.