Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How high will Chase Auto-CLI?

tag
CashOutReFi
New Contributor

How high will Chase Auto-CLI?

I have two cards with Chase, a CSR and Chase Amazon Rewards. Both are sitting at exactly $22.8k each. 

CSR got there by $10k > auto > $19k > hard pull > $22.8k

CAR got there by $2k > auto > $9k > auto > $22.8k

I see $22.8k on a few users' profiles for their CSP/CSR. It is the highest limit I've seen manually being nosy by hovering over the card icons. But I decided to ask the audience outright today. 

Has anyone received or known someone to receive an auto-CLI above $22.8k with Chase? I have sworn off hard pull CLI's (especially over multiple bureaus, Chase!) just to roll the dice for a "chance" at a CLI, so I won't be doing any more of those. 

4 REPLIES 4
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Re: How high will Chase Auto-CLI?

@CashOutReFi wrote:

I have two cards with Chase, a CSR and Chase Amazon Rewards. Both are sitting at exactly $22.8k each. 

I see $22.8k on a few users' profiles for their CSP/CSR. It is the highest limit I've seen manually being nosy by hovering over the card icons. But I decided to ask the audience outright today. 

Has anyone received or known someone to receive an auto-CLI above $22.8k with Chase? I have sworn off hard pull CLI's (especially over multiple bureaus, Chase!) just to roll the dice for a "chance" at a CLI, so I won't be doing any more of those. 

For me personally, Chase auto CLI has been $0 and I have had Chase cards for almost 8 years....

Message 2 of 5
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@CashOutReFi wrote:

I don't believe there's anything magical about that $22.8K, @CashOutReFi.  I think it's a coincidence you've noticed it with other profiles. 

Your auto-CLI with Chase is directly related to your spend-and-pay on their cards, as well as income, debt-to-income, credit score and other credit factors.  Most lenders will cap your total credit limits across all accounts as a percentage of income.  I've heard that Chase caps theirs at about 40% to 50% of income if all other factors are in order.  (The last time I asked for new credit a few years ago, mine was capped at closer to 38%, and I've had Chase cards for over 20 years.)  Your $22.8K limits x 2 = $45.6K.  Using those approximate data points, you'd probably need income of $91.2K to $120K (or higher) to expect to get much more out of them. 

Beyond the auto-CLI question, Chase also gives higher limits on new cards relative to credit profile.  I had SL approvals on three new cards of $30K to $35K a few years ago and I've seen others in that range. 

*Similar to @dragontears, my auto-CLI experience with Chase has been minimal except for when I requested one for BT offer. 

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$850K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Aug 2023)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 3 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@CashOutReFi wrote:

Yes, although it's been a minute since the last few auto-CLIs. I have several CCs with Chase (business and personal), and 3 of them (above $20K) received auto-CLIs. One of them is above $50K and two are above $40K.

So, it's possible depending on your history + usage on the cards, reported income, internal behavioral score, and anything else that Chase takes into consideration for the auto-CLIs. 

There, short & sweet 😀

Message 4 of 5
MasonK
Frequent Contributor

I haven't seen it, but that doesn't mean it isn't possible. I had my Amazon card cli'd twice- after 6 months I got bumped $1k to $7500, and then again to $18.7k when they toyed with the idea of selling the portfolio.

But I also don't use my CSP anywhere near enough to merit a boost, and even though my CFU is a daily driver, I'm still at the same CL as my approval.

1/1/16 FICO8 Scores: EX: 407, EQ: 403, TU: 455
1/1/23 FICO8 Scores: EX: 832, EQ: 820, TU: 834
FICO9 EX: 818
Total Revolving Limits: $131,800

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.