cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How long to wait to apply for Chase Amazon after approved for Freedom?

tag
if6was9
Established Member

How long to wait to apply for Chase Amazon after approved for Freedom?

I was approved for a 3k Chase Freedom card a month ago. I do a lot of shopping on Amazon and at some point would like to apply for the Chase Amazon card. 

How long should I wait to apply for another Chase card? My current Equifax Fico is 711. 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
enharu
Super Contributor

Re: How long to wait to apply for Chase Amazon after approved for Freedom?

How long is your credit history? Do you have any derogs? What other cards do you have?

Most people would recommend you to wait 6-12 months, but if you have a thick file and sufficient income, you can go for it now.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 2 of 10
if6was9
Established Member

My credit history is about 10 years old. I currently have Chase Freedom (3k), BOA Cash Rewards (5k), Capital One (3k), Paypal Smart Connect ($1500).  A car loan I've been paying for a year with no lates. Income is about 40k a year. I have some lates that are 4 years old. Also a paid charge-off that is 4 years old, but was paid in 2010. 

I've worked hard to rebuild my credit, so I don't want to make a stupid move and get my Chase Freedom closed just for applying for another card with them...I will wait if I have to.

Message 3 of 10
calihlove75
Established Contributor

I waited aprox 3 months between my app for Chase Amazon and my Freedom.

100% Ficos: EX 780 , TU 783, EQ 776 inquiries last 2 years/1 year/6 months: EX-0/0/0, TU-0/0/0, EQ-1/0/0~ last credit card app 6/24/13- New car loan 3/8/2014- Discover IT $12,500~Kohls $1000~Amex BCE $4000~ Walmart Discover $7500~NFCU Signature CashRewards $23,300 Chase Freedom MC $6000~ Chase Amazon Visa $1900~ Cap 1/HSBC MC $3800~ Amazon Store $7000~ Fingerhut $1050
Message 4 of 10
enharu
Super Contributor

I would recommend you wait 6-12 months just to build up some history with chase, then to apply.

In the meantime you can check out Barclays sallie Mae MasterCard. I think u get 5% for amazon since its considered as a bookstore. Citi forward gives 5% too if you can still apply for it
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 10
if6was9
Established Member

cool, I'll wait then. Thanks for the advice.

The 4 year old paid charge-off is from an old Citi card. Do you think they'll give me another chance?

Message 6 of 10
enharu
Super Contributor

If its paid off you shouldn't be blacklisted.
Message 7 of 10
if6was9
Established Member

isn't citi forward for college students? 

Message 8 of 10
enharu
Super Contributor

The normal version of forward was discontinued but some say it you can apply for it over the phone. Not sure if true
Message 9 of 10
GoodCreditIsMyGoal
Established Member

I had six months between my Chase Freedom and Amazon Visa.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.