Re: How many approvals at once?

@bigseegar How long was your app spree?

Message 11 of 17
bigseegar
Established Contributor

@Yasselife wrote:

@bigseegar How long was your app spree?

@Yasselife I'm not sure I understand your question. How long it last or how long ago or how long card wise, etc? And like I said I would NOT recommend such a spree at all and wish I had not done it even though it was sucessful per se.

Message 12 of 17
Yasselife
Valued Contributor

@bigseegar  I meant How long ago. Why don't you recommend it?

Message 13 of 17
bigseegar
Established Contributor

@Yasselife wrote:

@bigseegar  I meant How long ago. Why don't you recommend it?

Last month, first of April, 2022 and I don't recommend because besides dropping my scores across the boards 50+ points each, it looks like credit seeking to your other card holders/lenders which puts you at a much greater risk of AA up to and including account closures.

Message 14 of 17
Duriel
Frequent Contributor

@Drifter73 wrote:

I've done x4 in 7 days and x6 in 30 days before, but I wouldn't recommend it. Lost a couple hundred points for a few months doing that.

Added x2 in 20 days recently and now gardening till 2023 in hopes to be 5/24 before I do anymore apps.

A couple hundred points? I'm assuming you mean credit karma etc (vantage score). I opened 4 last September and only lost 20 or so on my fico 8s. 

Message 15 of 17
Drifter73
Frequent Contributor

@Duriel wrote:

@Drifter73 wrote:

I've done x4 in 7 days and x6 in 30 days before, but I wouldn't recommend it. Lost a couple hundred points for a few months doing that.

Added x2 in 20 days recently and now gardening till 2023 in hopes to be 5/24 before I do anymore apps.

A couple hundred points? I'm assuming you mean credit karma etc (vantage score). I opened 4 last September and only lost 20 or so on my fico 8s. 

Correct, Vantage 3 scoring (transunion/equifax) hit for a couple hundred points and my experian fico8 only hit for 60+ points.

Message 16 of 17
derboesekoenig
New Contributor

Ouch. I guess I'm in for a tornado then. Luckily not trying to get anything else for the next 6 months at least. I do have a mortgage that should be saying paid in full as well as I sold my house. So I'm curious as to how all of these are going to hit at once

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.