cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How many inquiries, cc exposure and accounts open/closed.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How many inquiries, cc exposure and accounts open/closed.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow, $77k in debt.

Not necessarily. Utilization is based on what reports at statement cut. They may simply be PIFing after statement cut rather than prior to.

While you can argue this case, the overwhelming statistics in the US indicate that this is probably not the reality. 

That's true but in this poster's case he has a lot of income so it's not unrealistic for him to be doing so.

Message 21 of 25
jeffery581
Established Contributor

40 inquires. rep said do you realize you have 40 inquiries, I said Yes, I am looking at all three reports right now. (But I have pleny of options and other cards.) Approved  FICO 740 My credit works for me, I dont work for it now. Time to get rid of some store cards with no benifits.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 22 of 25
celticslegends
Frequent Contributor

I've been denied twice by Amex and and twice by Chase Since Aug/Sept because of my recent accounts and inquiries. I've been rebuilding since late 2013 and have made some huge strides this year and because of that I have been shut down my last 5 apps. I tried to take advantage of the Delta Skymiles, Marriot and IHG. I already had accounts with Amex and Chase, but they still shut me down. Amex won't even give me a cli increase and I pay my account in full every month. With respect to Amex, I have decided to take advantage of the 0% interest and will keep a balance until next November since they won't work with me. I applied for the FNBO 2% card last week and was declined as well and their only reason was because of my inquiries. All of these cards have pulled Experian. I called FNBO and told them why I have so many inquiries and they are going to take a second look at it to try and get me to an approval. So in my case, inquiries have hurt me. I'm assuming on Experian I have at least 15-17 inquiries. All of my account are paid in full each month, except moving forward I am keeping a balance on Amex. I'm not a fan of them. As far as TU and EQ, I hardly have any inquiries, but none of my recent apps have pulled from them. I wish one of them did.

Starting score from CU: (11/13) 520
Recent Scores: TU FICO 08 (7/15) 693; (8/15) 701 | EQ FICO 08 (7/15) 671 | EX FICO 08 (8/15) 684
Goal Score: (Oct '15) 700+
Cards: Cap 1 Venture Signature $5000 Limit | UFCU Visa Plat $4000 Limit | Cap 1 Quicksilver WMEC $5000 Limit | Walmart Store Card $6000 Limit | Amazon Prime Store Card $6000 Limit | Barclays Rewards $1500 Limit | Amex EveryDay Card $2000 Limit | Chase Slate $3000 Limit |
Message 23 of 25
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Thought it would be a great time to share how many inquiries you may have, cc exposure and accounts open and closed.

I have 60 inquiries on exp, 40 on TU, 40 on Eq. Total exposure is 700k, and 40 accounts open, 15 closed. Score is in the upper 7's, utilization is 11%

Ok. the inquiries im overlooking.But wow. 11% util on 700k that is insane. I just wonder what your monthy payments are combined. wow.

Message 24 of 25
taxi818
Super Contributor

Let me see here.

inquires. Transunion 3

Equifax. 28

Experian 24

Credit Card Exposure is 132k.

Installment loans.

personal. $3600

Auto loan remaining. $23.900

util is 12 percent. about 15k total across board.

really high right now but i will bring it down before end of year.

23 open accounts. 3 closed. 2 installments paid in full. 1 closed credit card. TD Bank.

Message 25 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.