cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How much did BECOMING an authorized user raise your score?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How much did BECOMING an authorized user raise your score?

That's cool. Kinda sounds like a 20-30 pt bump is fairly common.  I got 2 Amex cards with 5k limits last year.  I tried to get em off one pull but for the 2nd card they wanted to talk to me and I procrastinated returning the call so they counted it as a 2nd pull, but did approve me.  I got the blue cash and the everyday, both no annual fee cards. I like the blue cash best. for the other card to get close to the same rewards I have to do 20 transactions in a month to get my bonus %... So the blue cash is less hassle and higher rewards.  

I didn't think I'd spend enough to justify the blue cash preferred's 75 fee, but for a lot of people they will easily make back that fee in rewards points, and I'm kinda wishing I would have just went ahead and applied for that card.despite the fee.

I like Amex because they gave me the 2 highest limit cards I have, but they are still stuck in charge card mentality. They do not like it when you carry a balance. I only had 10k total credit with them and made 10k worth of payments over a 6 month period, never going much over 50% utilization and how was a rewarded for using their cards and making huge payments??? ...They cut my credit line almost in half and told me I had to pay over 1000 on each card to get my limits restored. So I made another 2500 in payments I wasn't really planning on making that soon, but they did restore my limits, and have left me alone since then.... but if I wanted a charge card I would have applied for a charge card, not a credit card.

So ya while they were cutting my limit, at least one other credit card increased my limit, and non of the others were hassling me. So I think I'll proably transfer my remaining balances off Amex ASAP, and just use those high credit limits to Pad my total available credit, while relying on discover and other cards for everyday use since Amex is so paranoid.  It's ironic too because they charge the highest fees per transaction of any card issuer, so you'd think they'd be happy the card was getting so much use. Also I was in my intro period 0% apr, so I wasn't to worried about carrying a balance in the short term... but they sure were.

Message 21 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.