cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How solid is All ready approved in credit journey by Chase?

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: How solid is All ready approved in credit journey by Chase?

@firefox100 wrote:

I do not have any accounts with Chase but have Credit journey account with chase to see experian advantage score and credit report for free. When I log on to Chase Credit Journey, I see that I am all ready approved for all of ther cards. I have not applied for any of chase cards because I burt them for about 80K or more about 22 years with all went to charge off. The question is how solid is all ready approved is it stronger then your pre approved. I do like credit journey because it gives info on my experian report for free. Will not apply for any new cards until next year want to get to 0 inquires on all reports, question is will Chase denie and turn me down when they run the application and see that I burt them in the past or grant  small credit line. What do others think thank you.

Chase "already approved" preapprovals are very solid. No guarantees, but as solid as a preapproval can be.

Yes it's possible they'll deny your application. But if they grant it I don't think they'll hold back on the starting limit.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 11 of 18
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Horseshoez wrote:

@firefox100 wrote:

Thank you, was this card a business account or a regular personal account.

It was a personal account; one of five he had in my name.

I'm sorry, but how does someone open five accounts in your name and hold them for 20+ years without you noticing!?

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 12 of 18
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@OmarGB9 wrote:

@Horseshoez wrote:

@firefox100 wrote:

Thank you, was this card a business account or a regular personal account.

It was a personal account; one of five he had in my name.

I'm sorry, but how does someone open five accounts in your name and hold them for 20+ years without you noticing!?

OP said it was 1 account    (misspoke there sorry)

I'm sure it's easy to set up an account in the name of someone whose basic information you have.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 13 of 18
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Guys, someone's life story is a thread in itself, let's not do it here. If @Horseshoez wishes to tell that story again, a thread in General Credit will do. 

Thank you 

Message 14 of 18
SewUGroo2

@firefox100 wrote:

I do not have any accounts with Chase but have Credit journey account with chase to see experian advantage score and credit report for free. When I log on to Chase Credit Journey, I see that I am all ready approved for all of ther cards. I have not applied for any of chase cards because I burt them for about 80K or more about 22 years with all went to charge off. The question is how solid is all ready approved is it stronger then your pre approved. I do like credit journey because it gives info on my experian report for free. Will not apply for any new cards until next year want to get to 0 inquires on all reports, question is will Chase denie and turn me down when they run the application and see that I burt them in the past or grant  small credit line. What do others think thank you.

Seems pretty solid to me. I had the "Already approved" banner for a Chase Sapphire preferred in Credit Journey. I completed the application and got the message " We need more time to review your application". About 45 minutes later, I got an email stating my card has been approved and it should arrive in 7-10 days.  

Starting Score: 604
Current Score: 798
Goal Score: 825

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 15 of 18
firefox100
Valued Contributor

Thank you but if you read my post I burnt Chase for about 80K in the past, did you burn chase? I would like to hear from other who had burnt chase and years later got you all ready approved and what was final out come. This may be solid approval, is it solid approval if you had problems with chase in the past.

Message 16 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@firefox100 wrote:

Thank you but if you read my post I burnt Chase for about 80K in the past, did you burn chase? I would like to hear from other who had burnt chase and years later got you all ready approved and what was final out come. This may be solid approval, is it solid approval if you had problems with chase in the past.

@firefox100  - Plenty of individuals have provided DPs on this same scenario. All one needs to do is search in the Approvals or Applications subforum for similar results.

What's the worst that can happen if you decide to accept the offer? 🤔

Message 17 of 18
ptatohed
Valued Contributor

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I "ain't got nuttin" but a (high rate) car loan as a 'You're Already Approved'.  So hopefully Chase uses discretion when making those offers, thus if they do make the offer, I think there is something to it.  Good luck.

Capture.JPG

P.S.  Sorry, forgive me, can't resist...... but 'already' is one word.  Smiley Wink  

5% CB rotating: ;
Everyday 3% CB: ;
Everyday 5%: ;
Companion Card: ;
Everyday 2.2% CB: ;
Retired to sock drawer after AOD (kept alive w/ 1 purchase every 6 mo): ;
On my radar: ;
Still Waiting for an Invite: ;
No hope:
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.