Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How soon can we get CLI on Comenity store cards

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: How soon can we get CLI on Comenity store cards

Many accounts qualify for more than 1 cli a month.

sign out and back in and hit it again if 1 is approved

Message 11 of 24
financialfreedom777
Regular Contributor

FAAAkkkkkkkkkk!!! Hit the CLI button & immediately got an alert of a Hard Inquiry from Credit Karma.  FML. Welp, hope I get approved for a super increase. If not, serves me right, should have stayed my brown a** in the garden 🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️

Starting Score: 12/18/2019 EQ 601 | TU 614 | EX 596
Current Score after recent fall from grace: 02/8/2023 EQ 647 | TU 660 | EX 663
Goal Score: 780

Message 12 of 24
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@financialfreedom777 wrote:

FAAAkkkkkkkkkk!!! Hit the CLI button & immediately got an alert of a Hard Inquiry from Credit Karma.  FML. Welp, hope I get approved for a super increase. If not, serves me right, should have stayed my brown a** in the garden 🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️🤦🏽‍♀️

Comenity is instant or nothing.

id pull a full report though because credit karma will show alerts for not a real

hp sometimes.

Message 13 of 24
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@financialfreedom777 

When you requested did you see anything stating they may need to pull your report?  Did you check a box?

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 14 of 24
financialfreedom777
Regular Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@financialfreedom777 

When you requested did you see anything stating they may need to pull your report?  Did you check a box?

There was no checkmark. It said "Please note we may need to access your credit report when considering your request. By submitting this request, you grant us permission to do so." and then submit. The submit button was to request the CLI. I thought the jargon was a standard since all the threads mention its almost always a soft pull. Guess I got unlucky 🥺

Message 15 of 24
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Red1Blue did you ever try?

edit:

@financialfreedom777 I just looked at mine and that's the normal message I get and it's always been a sp.  Sorry that happened.  Did you get an increase or 7-10 days message or any message at all?  I once had a 7-10 day message at month 4 and a week later, without notice, received a $4k cli.  Maybe you'll get lucky, hope so.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 16 of 24
financialfreedom777
Regular Contributor

@GApeachy wrote:

@Red1Blue did you ever try?

edit:

@financialfreedom777 I just looked at mine and that's the normal message I get and it's always been a sp.  Sorry that happened.  Did you get an increase or 7-10 days message or any message at all?  I once had a 7-10 day message at month 4 and a week later, without notice, received a $4k cli.  Maybe you'll get lucky, hope so.

So I just got an alert from MyFico. Its official, 2pt drop on EQ for the inquiry. I was hoping Credit Karma was wrong. Was gardening and now that brings me back to day 1. Back to the drawing board!

I got the 7-10 day message. So, I really hope I get an increase. I got overly excited about all the SP feedbacks on CLI's for them so I tempted fate. Anyhow, lesson learned, I'll stay in the garden and won't test my luck. I have 4 baddies on my reports so shouldn't be taking any risks anyhow.

Message 17 of 24
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I don't see wording about a possible credit pull when I click on button

Message 18 of 24
Someoneudontknow
Valued Member

@Red1Blue wrote:

I have 3 Cominity Store cards. WayFair ($2000), Williams-Sonoma($400), Venus($250). Do they grow in credit limits? How soon and how often can we ask Comenity CLI on these cards ? Is it going to be a soft or hard?

For me it's always been every 6 months.  In my prior research of other Comenity Card holders here on the MyFICO Forums, you should call the number on the back of your card.  You'll want to tell the automated system that you want a credit limit increase. It will ask your annual income and then when it ask for a specific amount, just say no and the system will either say I'm sorry or congratulations.  

I always call and ask for credit limit increase back to back.  So like after the system tells me congratulations and ask is there anything else I just repeat the same process in asking for a credit limit increase until it tells me I'm sorry.

So far I haven't had any hard pulls.

Message 19 of 24
Khooks2
Established Member

I started with $800 on overstock card. Hit the button every 61 days and I'm currently up to $8800. Never been denied. Only put $500 worth of spend on the card. I've had it about a year and a half. 

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.