Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get aCLI by Discover?

tag
DI
Super Contributor

Re: How to get aCLI by Discover?

When Discover reviewed my credit report, my overall credit limit was $24,100.   They gave me the $900 increase to give me an even $25,000. 
Message 21 of 55
Kay_Cee
Regular Contributor

I, too, got an automatic increase to my limit on my Discover card after it was 3 months old.  I'm waiting to see what happens on the 24th when my sixth statement will cut but, no where in the material that came with my card does it  say they automatically review you every three months during the 1st year.  I do have the option to request through phone prompts but think I'll hold off for a while.  Maybe when I get that urge to get a new card, I'll try for oneSmiley Wink

Message 22 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@DI wrote:

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:
Sounds like they were apologizing for not granting you a higher CL to begin with. They have you in a special program that txjohn and I are not in. Of course we got higher CL's to begin with and higher CLI's when we got them. You received a letter informing you, specifically, of how your CLI's were going to be handled. I would not extrapolate your terms to other's accounts. In general that's not the way it works.

That was a generic letter that was sent with the welcome package to all new cardholders.  I am on no special program.  A special program with Discover is non-existent. 

Hi, DI Smiley Happy

Credit (and txjohn) are right, though.  It may not be a 'special' program (on that you may be right), but it's definitely different from what some other Discover card holders who have gotten cards before you have experienced.  I like creditwherecreditisdue's statement, "You received a letter informing you, specifically, of how your CLI's were going to be handled. I would not extrapolate your terms to other's accounts. In general that's not the way it works."  it's longer than Your Mileage May Vary, but it fits all the same.

I've noticed from what you've written on these boards that you've had out-of-the-ordinary (for me, at any rate) experiences with credit card companies on several cards.  Something about your profile makes banks bend over backwards for you.  That's a great thing, for you.   Do you have any idea what it could be, for the rest of us?  Or maybe it's just the good luck of timing?
Message 23 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

By the way, doesn't Discover periodically soft cardholders?  In all the time I have been with Discover, I have never seen a soft on my credit report from Discover.
Message 24 of 55
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
By the way, doesn't Discover periodically soft cardholders?  In all the time I have been with Discover, I have never seen a soft on my credit report from Discover.

That's the rumor about Amex, but I get softed about every 4-6 months.  Supposedly they soft once a month without fail to most.  It must have something to do with me only charging $11 a month Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 25 of 55
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

O6 wrote:
By the way, doesn't Discover periodically soft cardholdersIn all the time I have been with Discover, I have never seen a soft on my credit report from Discover.

Be sure you check all you credit reports. Discover tends to soft somewhere once a quarter or so and it may not necessarily be the CRA they originally harded you on, I have been regularly softed by them since I opened my account.
Message 26 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@creditwherecreditisdue wrote:

O6 wrote:
By the way, doesn't Discover periodically soft cardholdersIn all the time I have been with Discover, I have never seen a soft on my credit report from Discover.

Be sure you check all you credit reports. Discover tends to soft somewhere once a quarter or so and it may not necessarily be the CRA they originally harded you on, I have been regularly softed by them since I opened my account.

The only report I cannot get my softs on is TU. 

I wish all were like EQ where they automatically include all softs in your CreditWatch report.

Message 27 of 55
thrasher865
Valued Contributor

I'm pretty sure Discover pulls TU for me, or at least that's what they pulled when I apped.  Of course, I dont know if that's typical or just in my case.

Starting Score: EQ: 665 - TU: 687
Current Score: EQ: 749 - TU: ---
Goal Score: EQ: 760 - TU: 760

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 28 of 55
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thrasher865 wrote:
I'm pretty sure Discover pulls TU for me, or at least that's what they pulled when I apped.  Of course, I dont know if that's typical or just in my case.

When I applied they pulled EQ, but two days later they also pulled TU. 

Message 29 of 55
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

FWIW Discover softs me on TU.
Message 30 of 55
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.