Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to go about increasing my credit line with BofA CC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to go about increasing my credit line with BofA CC

Thank you! I requested $20K and got auto approved for $9K. Does that mean that a hard pull was not required?

Would it be a good stratagy to make another request for manual review to get another bump? should I wait a few days?

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Manual review most likely will be a HP
Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

This just happened to me: Hitting the CLI button for BofA CC resulted in automatic CL bump from $3300 to $9K (I've requested $20K) and a HP that resulted in 12 points drop to my score (I'm ok with that).

@

Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

For a CLI increase request like other folks said they will HP but also look at your account history (purchases and payment history). If you are a small spender and pif every month it’s very difficult to get sp increases. What I did was maintain a 50% usage with a good amount of spending/payment amounts and I was getting substantial sp increase every six months. This is with Citi but they are a conservative prime lender much like BofA so perhaps my experience has some relevance to your topic.

Concentrate on using one card (while having 0 balance on your other cards) to keep utilization low overall and after heavy usage on that one card they will increase your limit most likely with sp providing your not just making minimum
Message 14 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I already took a HP from BofA, and I want to make sure I maximize the CLI on that HP.

Are you guys sure that if I request another CLI from BofA within 30 days they will use the same HP?

What about if I request a HP from a different card (Discover) within 30 days? Will they use the original HP that was initiated by BofA?

Message 15 of 17
UncleB
Credit Mentor

My answers in red below.

@Anonymous wrote:

I already took a HP from BofA, and I want to make sure I maximize the CLI on that HP.

Are you guys sure that if I request another CLI from BofA within 30 days they will use the same HP?  No, we're not 'sure', but that's what many of us have experienced.  These things are always YMMV, but I would say that chances are good you're experience will be similar to the majority here.

What about if I request a HP from a different card (Discover) within 30 days? Will they use the original HP that was initiated by BofA?  Nope, that's a different bank and the two have nothing to do with one another.  That said, CLIs with Discover are often only a SP,  and if they need a HP they'll ask first.

Message 16 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you!

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.