cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make instant Capital One credit card payment so funds are available same day

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to make instant Capital One credit card payment so funds are available same day

I get paid on a Friday okay. The direct deposit hits my bank and the funds are in there around 4am.

Is it possible to set up a captial one payment for a certain amount even when it's not already in the bank, so by the time it transfers, it will all happen on the same day?

When you make a credit card payment it usually takes some days to transfer but I need the available credit now. I know it so the crazy but I need to move money faster than it normally moves. I move money quick, I spend quick.

So is there an express option, can I pay in cash in person? How do I get funds available same day?

Message 1 of 42
41 REPLIES 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to make instant Capital One credit card payment so funds are available same day

RESULTS NOT TYPICAL But I know with a couple of my cards (Harborstone and Syncrony) I schedule the payment the day before I get paid, so then it goes my direct deposit then the payments. Check with your bank to make sure they would post this way as well.

Message 2 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: How to make instant Capital One credit card payment so funds are available same day

@Anonymous wrote:
I get paid on a Friday okay. The direct deposit hits my bank and the funds are in there around 4am.

Is it possible to set up a captial one payment for a certain amount even when it's not already in the bank, so by the time it transfers, it will all happen on the same day?

When you make a credit card payment it usually takes some days to transfer but I need the available credit now. I know it so the crazy but I need to move money faster than it normally moves. I move money quick, I spend quick.

So is there an express option, can I pay in cash in person? How do I get funds available same day?

I know that if you need to make a purchase you can call the number on the back of your card and speak with a rep, who will then get a manager to approve a payment and freeing of credit. I did this about a month ago when I randomly wanted to buy a new laptop. I charged it not knowing my available credit and got declined. Called up Cap1 and a manager approved a payment and made that amount available so that I can process the payment for the laptop. 

Sounds like you need something like that often... not sure they would do it all the time, but it doesnt hurt to ask? Just my 2 cents...

Message 3 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I pay in a branch.  But it doesn't typically reflect on the site until the next day, no matter what time of day I make the payment.

I don't think there really is a "same day" update to your account.  But next day is typically sufficient.

Message 4 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's worth a try I would say. If I could wake up and get paid and get my credit card paid and ready for use that'd be great. Anybody ever did this with capital one?
Message 5 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One posts quickly and their on line payments clear the next morning. I  believe if you pay by 5 EST the payment posts same day and is available in 24 hours.

I would just pay as you go. NEVER pay a creditor until your funds are available in your account.

Message 6 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't because I'm traveling overseas and I need all my money to be on the credit card so that I can avoid the 3% international fees on my debit card. I need to spend money THAT day. I can't go all of Friday with money just on my debit card, not being able to buy anything without international fees, while I wait for the money to transfer into my capital one for use on the next day...
Message 7 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I can't because I'm traveling overseas and I need all my money to be on the credit card so that I can avoid the 3% international fees on my debit card. I need to spend money THAT day. I can't go all of Friday with money just on my debit card, not being able to buy anything without international fees, while I wait for the money to transfer into my capital one for use on the next day...

Can you get a CLI? What's you CL that you have to consider this?

Message 8 of 42
Anonymous
Not applicable

If my Citibank debit card didn't have international fees I wouldn't be worried. I wonder if they do waive the fees since it's a student account.

I'm basically just trying to avoid 3% international fees. I don't want a single fee.
Message 9 of 42
taxi818
Super Contributor

As stated. The quickest will be the next morning. Even if you call them with your Debit card it will be available to use the next morning. if you spend that fast you may as well spend cash.

Message 10 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.