Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to transform Visa to Visa Signature

tag
nenuco
Frequent Contributor

Re: How to transform Visa to Visa Signature

Will it take a HP to go from Visa to Visa Signature?

Full on Garden Mode (•‿•)
Message 31 of 37
mxp114
Valued Contributor

@CreditScholar wrote:
The United MP Club card is available in WEMC, but only for those who PCed from the old presidential plus and requested to keep their MC number. I did for mine and it stayed as a WEMC.

Yeah I forgot to mention that alongside PP, but technically neither is currently available so I shouldn't have even bothered lol

@nenuco wrote:

Will it take a HP to go from Visa to Visa Signature?

AFAIK Chase doesn't HP for a PC, that's what they consider a Visa Platinum to Visa Signature conversion.

Message 32 of 37
HiLine
Blogger

@SwampSystems wrote:

@nenuco wrote:

Did you do one before the other (CLI + Visa Upgrade), or both at the same time? 

First I got a CLI to $4,500 through underwriting after being initially denid. That was exactly 3x my previous limit, so I didn't dare ask for the full $5,000. Then I called the Chase Executive Office and explained that I was interested in converting to a Signature card. I told them that I understood they usually want (but do not require) a $5k limit to do it, but that if it came down to it, I would take the upgrade to Signature over bumping up to $5k.

They called me back a few days later and were able to successfully give me both the $5k limit and the Signature upgrade. Note that I said they do not require $5k -- I have a coworker who was approved for a Freedom Signature card with a limit less than $3k. That was at application time though; they do generally want you to have a $5k limit if you want to upgrade.

Interesting - I always thought that 5k was the lower bound. Thanks for the counter-evidence Smiley Happy

Message 33 of 37
RonDawg
Contributor

@cashnocredit wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

@nenuco wrote:

Would this be considered a full on PC? It seems unlikely as you would keep the same CC #. She seems to not be very helpful as she tells you to apply for another one, but then goes on to say you can't apply for the same card twice. I guess the best thing to do would be to wait 12 months... I may ask for a CLI first then an upgrade to the Visa Signature as I don't want them to be like: "One or the other"

I decided to just wait...  My card was opened in Feb, so I just have to wait a few more months.  In the meantime, NFCU upgraded me

webhopper,

What they told you is correct. It's a full PC.  The card number changes because they charge different rates for different categories of rewards (and non-rewards) cards. It's a way to flag you  as a potential big spender and hence justify higher merchant fees.

cnc

wait so your telling me that I didn't get a full PC when I PC'd my Freedom card to a Freedom Signature?  My account number stayed the same.

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 34 of 37
distantarray
Established Contributor

@SwampSystems wrote:

@nenuco wrote:

Did you do one before the other (CLI + Visa Upgrade), or both at the same time? 

First I got a CLI to $4,500 through underwriting after being initially denid. That was exactly 3x my previous limit, so I didn't dare ask for the full $5,000. Then I called the Chase Executive Office and explained that I was interested in converting to a Signature card. I told them that I understood they usually want (but do not require) a $5k limit to do it, but that if it came down to it, I would take the upgrade to Signature over bumping up to $5k.

They called me back a few days later and were able to successfully give me both the $5k limit and the Signature upgrade. Note that I said they do not require $5k -- I have a coworker who was approved for a Freedom Signature card with a limit less than $3k. That was at application time though; they do generally want you to have a $5k limit if you want to upgrade.

did they do a hardpull?

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 35 of 37
cashnocredit
Valued Contributor

@RonDawg wrote:

@cashnocredit wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

@nenuco wrote:

Would this be considered a full on PC? It seems unlikely as you would keep the same CC #. She seems to not be very helpful as she tells you to apply for another one, but then goes on to say you can't apply for the same card twice. I guess the best thing to do would be to wait 12 months... I may ask for a CLI first then an upgrade to the Visa Signature as I don't want them to be like: "One or the other"

I decided to just wait...  My card was opened in Feb, so I just have to wait a few more months.  In the meantime, NFCU upgraded me

webhopper,

What they told you is correct. It's a full PC.  The card number changes because they charge different rates for different categories of rewards (and non-rewards) cards. It's a way to flag you  as a potential big spender and hence justify higher merchant fees.

cnc

wait so your telling me that I didn't get a full PC when I PC'd my Freedom card to a Freedom Signature?  My account number stayed the same.

As Swamp pointed out earlier, Chase doesn't change card numbers when upgrading to Siggy. Some banks do, some don't have different card prefixes for NSPL credit cards. Chase doesn't. It's still considered a PC though.

I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 36 of 37
HiLine
Blogger

@cashnocredit wrote:

@RonDawg wrote:

@cashnocredit wrote:

@webhopper wrote:

@nenuco wrote:

webhopper,

cnc

As Swamp pointed out earlier, Chase doesn't change card numbers when upgrading to Siggy. Some banks do, some don't have different card prefixes for NSPL credit cards. Chase doesn't. It's still considered a PC though.

Now that's really strange because usually you can find out the non-reward benefits of your card based on the first 10 digits of the account number, and clearly the Siggy has more benefits than a regular  Visa....

Message 37 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.