Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Huntington Bank Voice Credit Card

tag
Hammer23
Frequent Contributor

Huntington Bank Voice Credit Card

https://oao.huntington.com/OAO/creditCardLanding.htm

New credit card option from Huntington Bank. Lets you choose between rewards or low rate. Per the T&C the rates run from 6.99 - 20.99 (on the low rate option) and from 9.99-23.99 (on the rewards option) 

The rewards option allows you to select a catagory to earn 3X bonus rewards in. 

In the past HNB cards where issued by FIA. This one looks like a HNB owned product. I do not know what th underwriting criteria are. 

What does everyone think?

WF Home Projects Visa $8500 / Towpath CU Visa $7000 / Chase Freedom Visa $5500 / Cap 1 QS Visa Sig $5000 / Barclaycard Ring MC $5000 / GE Lowes $5000 / Citi Best Buy MC $4250 / Barclaycard Rewards Visa $4000 / BFG CU Visa $3500 / Citi Sears$3000 / WF Visa $2000 / GE Walmart $1900 / GE Care Credit $1900 / GE Amazon $1400 / Cap 1 Kohls $1000 / GE Old Navy $800 / Webbank Fingerhut $700
Message 1 of 59
58 REPLIES 58
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Re: Huntington Bank Voice Credit Card

That looks like an interesting card. Its setup similar to the US Bank Cash+, where you get to select your bonus category each quarter. Of course, you only get one 3% category, whereas Cash+ has two 5% categories, so its nowhere near as good. Its nice that the same category will stay in effect each quarter until you change it for future quarters.

I see a couple of categories where 3% might be useful: Utilities, Pharmacy, Walmart. perhaps even the discount store category.

I wonder if Utilities includes cable TV...

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 2 of 59
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

It looks like they are only issuing cards to their existing customers.

Total $443,800
Message 3 of 59
Hammer23
Frequent Contributor

You can select "NO" when asked if you are an exsiting customer and continue with the application. 

WF Home Projects Visa $8500 / Towpath CU Visa $7000 / Chase Freedom Visa $5500 / Cap 1 QS Visa Sig $5000 / Barclaycard Ring MC $5000 / GE Lowes $5000 / Citi Best Buy MC $4250 / Barclaycard Rewards Visa $4000 / BFG CU Visa $3500 / Citi Sears$3000 / WF Visa $2000 / GE Walmart $1900 / GE Care Credit $1900 / GE Amazon $1400 / Cap 1 Kohls $1000 / GE Old Navy $800 / Webbank Fingerhut $700
Message 4 of 59
Ron1
Super Contributor

@Hammer23 wrote:

You can select "NO" when asked if you are an exsiting customer and continue with the application. 

It looks like it is a good card. Where did they pull?

Ron.

Message 5 of 59
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Themanwhocan wrote: to

That looks like an interesting card. Its setup similar to the US Bank Cash+, where you get to select your bonus category each quarter. Of course, you only get one 3% category, whereas Cash+ has two 5% categories, so its nowhere near as good. Its nice that the same category will stay in effect each quarter until you change it for future quarters.

I see a couple of categories where 3% might be useful: Utilities, Pharmacy, Walmart. perhaps even the discount store category.

I wonder if Utilities includes cable TV...

It has gas, grocery and pharmacy as 3% categories, whereas these are 2% with US Bank, so in theory they could work well together, bumping your chosen 2% to 3%, and allowing you to choose another 2%.

Message 6 of 59
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

@Hammer23 wrote:

It looks like it is a good card. Where did they pull?

Ron.

From what I've found online, they look like a TU puller

Message 7 of 59
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

@Hammer23 wrote:

I didn't actually try to apply, I read some web pages and one article said:

"We're sticking with the customers we know and the markets we know," Ms. Navarro said., adding: "this is not a stepping-off point to be a national issuer of credit cards."

The bank will pitch the cards to customers at its branches and online.

I admit, I'm interested in the card for 3% pharmacy, which I assume is any drugstore purchase. All my local convenience stores are being forced out of business, with entire buildings being replaced with apartment complexes that include either a CVS pharmacy or a Walgreens. And if Utilities includes Cable TV and DSL, that would also be useful to me.

Total $443,800
Message 8 of 59
Ron1
Super Contributor

Message 9 of 59
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

@Ron1 wrote:

link:

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/voicetm-new-huntington-credit-card-offers-unique-customer-rewards-c...

Ron.

Aw crap....

I"m gonna be the guinea pig here, huh?

I'll try once I get my results from the blue sky app.

Looking at their service area, I'm not seeing any branches in my state.....???

Message 10 of 59
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.