Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I hate Amex... again.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I hate Amex... again.

Oh, perfect you have one already. Cool. Then I guess you are all set. Amex is burning bridges left and right. If they weather the storm, they aren't going to have many customers after all of this. I don't think they will ever have be looked at the same as they used to either. They have lost their prestige in my opinion. I find them pretty worthless.
Message 31 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

@WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Peas,

may I ask where you live?

Indiana -- why?

I'm guessing you're asking because of the foreclosure risk and the fact that some CCCs are cutting people based on locality.  We have the most affordable housing market in the country (for a  major metro area) and I'm in a very stable/fairly wealthy area.

Yes, that's exactely why. But it's scary... Indiana? I live in Wisconsin.

Message 32 of 40
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

UpUpUp wrote:
Oh, perfect you have one already. Cool. Then I guess you are all set. Amex is burning bridges left and right. If they weather the storm, they aren't going to have many customers after all of this. I don't think they will ever have be looked at the same as they used to either. They have lost their prestige in my opinion. I find them pretty worthless.

They're scummy, lol.

I just paid 1k on the Green -- more than a month early, mind you.  Let them stew over the other 150 or so that I owe.  I'll probably pay it over the weekend, but ugh...  I'm not a happy person -- but they're getting what they want.

I just called them too, and their wait time is roughly 10 minutes.  Yeah, no, I'm not waiting 10 minutes to yell at them, lol.

I just scoped how I can use my membership rewards.  Woohoo, a few gift cards and I'll be good to go -- just in case they close the card FOR me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 33 of 40
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

@WhirledPeasPlease wrote:

I just scoped how I can use my membership rewards.  Woohoo, a few gift cards and I'll be good to go -- just in case they close the card FOR me.

Oh, yes, I can use a gift card. Do you want my address?  Smiley Happy

Message 34 of 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

There was an AmEx/Costco cardholder who posted elsewhere, with a $1000 CL, who got the "you're frozen, PIF now" call when he reached a balance of $180.

If I got a ridiculous call such as OP received from AmEx, that card (and all others from that issuer) would immediately move to the sock drawer.

Personally, if I received an undeserved adverse action such as OP's earlier CLD, that issuer would go to the bottom of my list, and there's no way I would apply for another card from them. It's too risky to continue to do business with companies that are known to behave bizarrely ...

Message 35 of 40
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

LOL Concord -- I'll let ya know if I have any to spare!

Revike:  Exactly.  Both of those Amex cards are living in the drawer.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 36 of 40
fused
Moderator Emeritus

I'm going to end my realtionship with Amess. Their customer service has really declined.
Message 37 of 40
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Haha nice of you guys to be joing the EX AMEX club. I think we've all experienced the dark and shady side of AMEX whether its embarassing random momments when the card is declined, 2 Financial Reviews in a row, immediate PIF even when your using a charge card, and the list goes on... Even before the recession, these common scenarios still existed. Personally, I'm extremely happy with FIA (BoA) and Chase. No CLD, Indian CSR, very excellent and prompt customer service, and etc... However, I was recently approved for the Saks Mastercard (HSBC) 2 days ago... I hope they will treat me with love haha.
AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 38 of 40
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Amess hasn't taken any AA against me, I just don't like the way they do business now days.
Message 39 of 40
score_building
Senior Contributor

@fused wrote:
Amess hasn't taken any AA against me, I just don't like the way they do business now days.

i thought it was just a typo initially, duh!  ROTFL.  good one!

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.