cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I’m not using the google chrome extension for my Cap1 virtual card, just the C1 app...

tag
delaney1
Established Contributor

I’m not using the google chrome extension for my Cap1 virtual card, just the C1 app...

Will the virtual number stay the same for all transactions? I've been impatiently waiting for Cap One to give the option to use virtual numbers without having to go through Google Chrome. Now that I can just use the app on my IPhone, I'm curious....when I've used other companies virtual numbers  in the past, a new number was generated each time I made a purchase . I just made my first purchase using the C1 app, and going back to look after the purchase was made, my virtual number remains the same. It's still there when I refresh the app. So if there is fraud with a virtual number is that when I would get a new number?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: I’m not using the google chrome extension for my Cap1 virtual card, just the C1 app. Will

Capital One has been testing out binding the numbers to the first merchant it is used on so you may get transactions declined using it elsewhere if you're part of that test like I am. 

Message 2 of 10
delaney1
Established Contributor

Re: I’m not using the google chrome extension for my Cap1 virtual card, just the C1 app. Will

@Anonymous wrote:

Capital One has been testing out binding the numbers to the first merchant it is used on so you may get transactions declined using it elsewhere if you're part of that test like I am. 

Yes, I read about that through the info section on the app. that would be fine it there was a way to generate a new number through the app, but I can't imagine having to call customer service to issue a new number every time I want to make an online purchase or having to use google chrome. I'm not a fan of either option.

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@delaney1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, I read about that through the info section on the app. that would be fine it there was a way to generate a new number through the app, but I can't imagine having to call customer service to issue a new number every time I want to make an online purchase or having to use google chrome. I'm not a fan of either option.

I don't even think that customer service can do it. The only option is Eno through the browser after logging in or with the Eno extension. Citi is similar in this regard - you can generate them through their website and they used to have a dedicated app they discontinued. 

Capital One didn't used to let you make them from a browser without the extension but it seems now that they are merchant locking them, I can make them without my desktop. 

AFDC5209-8E4D-4C86-B88F-BAD68352C6B9.png

Message 4 of 10
delaney1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@delaney1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't even think that customer service can do it. The only option is Eno through the browser after logging in or with the Eno extension. Citi is similar in this regard - you can generate them through their website and they used to have a dedicated app they discontinued. 

Capital One didn't used to let you make them from a browser without the extension but it seems now that they are merchant locking them, I can make them without my desktop. 

Wait a minute, so you're using it straight through your browser without an extension? Which browser?

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@delaney1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@delaney1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wait a minute, so you're using it straight through your browser without an extension? Which browser?

Safari on my iPhone. I just logged in, scrolled down, and it has a section for virtual cards like the app. I tapped that and hit the option to make a new one. I literally just decided to check, I had no idea this was there til now. 

8FB1773B-E709-4953-ABE3-74B957074F9D.jpeg0293DAD1-9F56-4699-92F9-5512B6D67468.jpeg

Message 6 of 10
delaney1
Established Contributor

Wow, I don't see that at all when I log in through Safari on my IPhone. I see the Credit Wise stuff and the guy, but nothing about virtual numbers. I have to go into the "I Want to" section to see anything about virtual numbers and it only gives the option to view my virtual number. I'm running iOS 14, so it's not like I'm running an old version either.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@delaney1 wrote:

Wow, I don't see that at all when I log in through Safari on my IPhone. I see the Credit Wise stuff and the guy, but nothing about virtual numbers. I have to go into the "I Want to" section to see anything about virtual numbers and it only gives the option to view my virtual number. I'm running iOS 14, so it's not like I'm running an old version either.

As I feared, seems to be a beta test. Capital One likes to enroll me in those for some reason. Well now you know what should be coming soon. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 10
delaney1
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@delaney1 wrote:

As I feared, seems to be a beta test. Capital One likes to enroll me in those for some reason. Well now you know what should be coming soon. Smiley Happy

Ok, so you're special lol! Well, that is good that it's being tested. Looking forward to that feature in future. Thanks for your help.

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@delaney1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@delaney1 wrote:

Ok, so you're special lol! Well, that is good that it's being tested. Looking forward to that feature in future. Thanks for your help.

I wish Capital One would at least email me when they set me up with these features. Never would have even thought to check if you hadn't brought up the annoyance of being forced to use Eno. 

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.