Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I made a mistake, and now I will have to wait it out

tag
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

I made a mistake, and now I will have to wait it out

When I apped for my new cards, (FNBO, Citi Diamond Preferred and DM) I thought that the bureaus had updated the fact that I was not an AU anymore on 3 accts (to the total of about $30K of debt and high util% on the cards).  I should have checked and disputed. I am sure that this has hurt the CL's I recieved as well as the rates.  Now I am going to have to wait out CLI's and APR reductions over time. I am so angry with myself! Smiley Mad

I think I am now stuck with the consequences of my actions. Why oh why didn't I think of going online to EX and relooking at my report BEFORE I apped? Smiley Frustrated

I guess I should be glad to have gotten the cards, even if the CL's and rates are not what I hoped.

Starting Score: 693 TU FICO, 679 EQ FICO
Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Goal Score: 750+, but shooting for the 800's
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

Re: I made a mistake, and now I will have to wait it out

There is only one other card I want to get, and that is Walmart for the FICO.  I am not sure if it is better to just take these hits all at once, or let the dust settle for a couple months. Should I let them all age together, and go ahead and app?

Current Score: FICO 8 = 844(9/15) EQ, 827 TU, 811 EX (7/15); mortgage FICO= 758 (9/15)EQ5, 797 TU4, 748 EX2 (7/15)
Hyatt Visa Sig ($23K), Amex BCP (24.8K), BofA Travel Rew Sig (22.5K), B&N World MC (22.3K), Amex RP Gold (NPSL w/ S&T), Cash+ Sig (20K),United Mil+ExpSig (16.3K), FNBO Visa (13.1K), Hilton Surpass (10K), Freedom Visa Sig (8.6K), Disc It (16.4K), Citi Dia Pref MC (3.7K),Sam's MC (10K), Wally (7.5K), JCP(5.3K), Costco (2K)
Message 2 of 7
halos24
Frequent Contributor

I actually just applied for Walmart for the Fico yesterday. I figured I can use it small things here and there PIF. My uti is high right now at about 58%, and was approved for the regular Walmart card $800.
MyFico 3B Scores: EQ: 3/22/16 (727), EX (710) TU (714)

Message 3 of 7
RyVision
Valued Contributor

Crunching;

You have Sams Discover, doesn't that give you the free TU if you sign up for online statements?  I don't have it so I'm only going on what I know of some of the similarities I've heard of.

I'm surprised you didn't check your reports before those apps, I know how important they were to you.  There's a chance you could have been denied had you waited too, there's really no telling. 

If you want the Walmart card,  they'd probably only pull TU, you'd want to know how many INQ's you have there first.  I'd also recommend if you do apply, that you do so in store.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 4 of 7
crunching_numbers
Valued Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

Crunching;

You have Sams Discover, doesn't that give you the free TU if you sign up for online statements?  I don't have it so I'm only going on what I know of some of the similarities I've heard of.

I'm surprised you didn't check your reports before those apps, I know how important they were to you.  There's a chance you could have been denied had you waited too, there's really no telling. 

If you want the Walmart card,  they'd probably only pull TU, you'd want to know how many INQ's you have there first.  I'd also recommend if you do apply, that you do so in store.

Oh Ry, I know, right? Even though they were important I completely did not realize that if I went to EX and checked the CR that I pulled a month ago I would see the updated version. Since EQ removed the AU stuff, I mistakenly thought they all did. Then I saw the stuff still on TU and contested it.  They are off TU, and the 3 new cards are not there yet. Went to EX to see if it was too late to contest it and found out that I had 90 days, and that the online CR was updated!

According to CreditKarma, the only INQ on TU are the DM app, and the 3 mortgage apps from 2010.

I was planning to do my Walmart shopping and app at the register for the $20 off.  I really hate apping at the register since Kohls has denied me there 3 times.

What do you guys think?

Message 5 of 7
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

Try calling for a recon on your APR/limit.  Can't hurt.  Tell them you think the limit and APR may have been influenced by some accounts that should not have been listed on your report and that you have had removed.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 7
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@Walt_K wrote:

Try calling for a recon on your APR/limit.  Can't hurt.  Tell them you think the limit and APR may have been influenced by some accounts that should not have been listed on your report and that you have had removed.

That is a brilliant suggestion Walt made, Crunching.  DM and FNBO would both understand your logic in calling about it, Citi I'm not totally sure of but can't hurt.

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.