Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I need help! I have applied for CC to many times

tag
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: I need help! I have applied for CC to many times

@NewBreed wrote:

my ultimate goal is to get approved for AMEX but i have a happy trigger finger and keep applying for it 3 times with in the last 3 month thinking it may be approved like how Chase was.. i know i gotta problem haha its exciting trying to get credit back to where it was! Silly mistakes take so much away!

@myjourney wrote:

@NewBreed wrote:

Thanks to all who replied, i HAD baddies on the CR but my job believe it or not made me take care of them becuase they check credit, i had 3 baddies totalling about 1700 but thats old news, paid off 2 last year and 1 beginning of this year then i started to increase app flow thinking i could get approved then. 

I current have 1 auto loan through wells, cap one cash back with 0.5k unsecured, cap one secured with 1.5k, and recently added Chase freedom cash back 2k

So youre saying those old credit inqs will fall off with age and just use under 30% util on my cards and i should be fine? yes 

What is gardening? Ive checked my CR through EXP and i have total 7 on there but i dont think thats accurate.

Garden Club Meeting - April 2013  read page 1 of thread.............best wishes your on your way to approvals in timeMessage contains a hyperlink

I know but time heals Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 11 of 38
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

@NewBreed wrote:

my ultimate goal is to get approved for AMEX but i have a happy trigger finger and keep applying for it 3 times with in the last 3 month thinking it may be approved like how Chase was.. i know i gotta problem haha its exciting trying to get credit back to where it was! Silly mistakes take so much away!

Starting Score: 570 ish
Current Score:EX (701) EQ (711) TU (705)
Goal Score: 750
In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 12 of 38
myjourney
Super Contributor

@NewBreed wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@NewBreed wrote:

Thanks to all who replied, i HAD baddies on the CR but my job believe it or not made me take care of them becuase they check credit, i had 3 baddies totalling about 1700 but thats old news, paid off 2 last year and 1 beginning of this year then i started to increase app flow thinking i could get approved then. 

I current have 1 auto loan through wells, cap one cash back with 0.5k unsecured, cap one secured with 1.5k, and recently added Chase freedom cash back 2k

So youre saying those old credit inqs will fall off with age and just use under 30% util on my cards and i should be fine? yes 

What is gardening? Ive checked my CR through EXP and i have total 7 on there but i dont think thats accurate.

Garden Club Meeting - April 2013  read page 1 of thread.............best wishes your on your way to approvals in timeMessage contains a hyperlink

Before statement cut try to be between 1-9%

what do u mean? try to be between 1-9%.. are u suggesting i pay it off early and leave on 1-9% bal on cards? leave 1-9% total of all card The easy way to do is let all report $0 except one 

That one reports 1-9%

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 13 of 38
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

Sorry about the above post my computer freaked out and then when i went to "edit" it i wouldn't let me do it.

All I had said was you didn't hurt your score over night and you can't rebuild it overnight.  Rebuilding takes alot longer.  Be patient Obiewon.

In My Wallet: GE Care Credit (8K) BestBuy (6K) BofA Cash Rewards Signature Visa (7K) Cap One Quicksilver (10.5K) Chase Freedom (4K) Lowes (6K) VS Angel Card (2.4K), Macys (4K)
Message 14 of 38
myjourney
Super Contributor

@TimeToRecover wrote:

Sorry about the above post my computer freaked out and then when i went to "edit" it i wouldn't let me do it.

All I had said was you didn't hurt your score over night and you can't rebuild it overnight.  Rebuilding takes alot longer.  Be patient Obiewon.

+1 may the force be with youSmiley Wink

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 15 of 38
NewBreed
New Contributor

Thank you all for your help, ive been trolling this website for months but never created an account and i feel right at home

Cap One Cash Back UnSecured: 1.5K
Chase Freedom: 2k
Chase Slate: 2k
Discover IT: 1K.
AmEx Green: NPSL
Message 16 of 38
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

@NewBreed wrote:

Thank you all for your help, ive been trolling this website for months but never created an account and i feel right at home

Ummm you don't want to be associated with that activity Smiley Very Happy!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 17 of 38
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@Rhaeny wrote:

@NewBreed wrote:

Ummm you don't want to be associated with that activity Smiley Very Happy!

Yes Smiley Tongue the correct term is "lurking", not "trolling". Trolling is a negative thing in which you're not just watching...you're causing a ruckus and THEN sitting back and watching the insanity that ensues XD prime examples are tanyaf and her incarnations, tannerk, astritaho (or whatever the heck his name is), etc.! not sure if that mikey guy is just a very confused and troubled individual, a troll, or some mix of both, but that's a recent example!

Message 18 of 38
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

I didn't see it mentioned so I will say that once your INQs are 2 years old, they will be removed from your credit report. And as someone mentioned, they don't hurt your score as much after 1 year.

I don't worry about leaving 1-9% balance on one of my cards unless I plan to app. I charge up to 80% of the credit limit on a given card and PIF before the due date. The Util that is reported every month is between 20-40%. I have one card at 69% as I'm taking advantage of 0% APR for 24 months on a large Best Buy purchase.

Join us in the garden! It is a happy place to sit back and watch your credit blossom. Smiley Happy
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 19 of 38
TimeToRecover
Established Contributor

Not to resurect this thread but I notice you did state that you had 3 baddies (one as recent as the beginning of this year).  when you say you paid them off how do they read on your CR.  Depending on what they are etc just paying them may not actually help your CR score and thus help your ability to get a CC. 

Continue reading the board and find some posts that relate to your specific baddies to find the right course of action to remove/mitigate their damage.

Message 20 of 38
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.