Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IHG 80,000 bonus points is up and running

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: IHG 80,000 bonus points is up and running

I had to do it.  Instant approval at 12K.  Already online.  They are quick.  Score at the time of app was 706.

Message 11 of 104
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

This card is not part of the 5/24 rule correct? Because I sent this to one of my friends that wants to apply but she's worried she can't because she's over 5/24.

Right..she's good to go. 5/24 doesn't affect the IHG.

only downside is that chase sometimes double taps and I have heard not the typical ex/tu but ex/eq which is kind of different.  I think this is less lightly if one has chase cards in good standing

Message 12 of 104
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I had to do it.  Instant approval at 12K.  Already online.  They are quick.  Score at the time of app was 706.

excellent, you have chase cards and if so do you carry a balance on any?  if so what is your %?

Message 13 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

excellent, you have chase cards and if so do you carry a balance on any?  if so what is your %?

I have the CSP currently and it is at 5% utilization.  Way over 5/24 the limit on the CSP is 5500 and i couldnt get a CLI a few months ago.

Message 14 of 104
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

WOW! Congrats Mine is $8K though I did both (Hyatt and IHG )back to back and ended up with 8K on each. Which is more than enough for my hotel spends. lol

If you want another card on the same pull. This is your moment! lol

Message 15 of 104
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Gmood1 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

WOW! Congrats Mine is $8K though I did both back to back and ended up with 8K on each. Which is more than enough for my hotel spends. lol

LOL.  agreed.  If i have a 12000 hotel bill there better be Mike Tysons tiger in my room.

Message 16 of 104
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@bourgogne wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

This card is not part of the 5/24 rule correct? Because I sent this to one of my friends that wants to apply but she's worried she can't because she's over 5/24.

only downside is that chase sometimes double taps and I have heard not the typical ex/tu but ex/eq which is kind of different.  I think this is less lightly if one has chase cards in good standing

Yup this is true. They always pull EX and EQ for me. I've never had a TU pull from Chase.Thats also why I grab two cards from them when I can. Makes that double tap more worth it for me. ha ha

Message 17 of 104
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@bourgogne wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

She already has the CSP with a 20k limit and her scores are mid-700s so I think she should be fine. I'll post back with the results after her app.

Message 18 of 104
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I have the CSP currently and it is at 5% utilization.  Way over 5/24 the limit on the CSP is 5500 and i couldnt get a CLI a few months ago.

ug, you took a hit for a cli, why didnt you just app for another card?  if I told you what sl I just got you would not believe me lol

Message 19 of 104
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

@Gmood1 wrote:

@bourgogne wrote:

@Gmood1 wrote:

@simplynoir wrote:

Yup this is true. They always pull EX and EQ for me. I've never had a TU pull from Chase.Thats also why I grab two cards from them when I can. Makes that double tap more worth it for me. ha ha

huh, they 2x u with an ex like yours?  where do you live and what is your util like with them?

Message 20 of 104
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.