Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IHG nerf?

tag
Bman70
Established Contributor

IHG nerf?

Has there been a thread established about this already? I poked around but didn't find anything. I got a letter yesterday stating that the annual free night will no longer be redeemable for "any property," and will now be redeemable only for properties up to and including 40k points value? 

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor
Bman70
Established Contributor

Re: IHG nerf?

Ah, thanks.. the titles on those threads threw me off. The one about the new card does mention the nerf a few posts down. 

EX 822
TU 834
EQ 820

Message 3 of 6
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Bman70 wrote:

Ah, thanks.. the titles on those threads threw me off. The one about the new card does mention the nerf a few posts down. 

Yeah, one of the threads takes awhile to mention it only because we didn't realize what was going on at first with the missing IHG page.

Message 4 of 6
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

I'm waiting for data points on whether current cardholders are able to get signup bonuses on the new cards.  Long term, the old Select card seems to be the best value, even with the free night nerfed.  I wouldn't mind getting a few thousand more points, though.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mod merged the new IHG threads with the old ones.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.