Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ikea Visa

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Ikea Visa

Not sure if this was posted yet?  Was released today.

5% back at Ikea, 3% at food/utility/grocery 1% all else

Only good for in store redemptions i believe

https://www.ikea.com/ms/en_US/financing/information.html

Brought to you by comentiy bank

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Ikea Visa

Well, you know how weird they can be on their Majors. (approving/then declining)...as always, its a YMMV thing, but still should make anyone a little cautious in applying. Not too say that someone who applied and gets approved will be shut down, but its happened so many times, to so many folks. Would make me Leary......

You got the WS visa, and so far you're ok, so its a case by case basis..Smiley Wink
Message 2 of 20
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

You had me slightly interested until I saw the Comenity backing. Oh well, I certainly don't need another card.... 

Message 3 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

I'll probably bite, but not until my BB&B CC with them is about 8-12 months old 😁

I just recently closed the Elder-Beerman CC ($20.5K) since they were were planning on doing so next month with the recent going OOB news. Prior to this one, the Virgin America Visa had a similar fate... so there went $12K 🤑.

Let's see how many folks get tempted with the Ikea Visa lol.
Message 4 of 20
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

I've had zero issues with my Comenity BJ's Elite Perks WMC.  Not a great SUB (although that free delivery through August could be huge for some), but the actual reward structure is great.  The one-21.99%-APR-for-everyone kinda stinks.  I just wish they had the prequalify function for it like the Projekt card.  The one time I tried that, I was half tempted to actually app for it:

Screen Shot 2018-03-01 at 10.38.57 AM.png

So, who's on first?  Smiley Very Happy  I am actually quite tempted.

Message 5 of 20
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Decent card if you have ikea in your town.. Ours will be completed believe 2019 in Nashville...  Although as stated appears you got to use rewards in store which is kinda meh, but a decent card none-the-less.

Bet we see some applications today or tomorrow for it Smiley Tongue.

Message 6 of 20
Adkins
Legendary Contributor

$25 off your first purchase then another $25 bonus certificate if your spend $500 in 90 days, BUT the free shipping only lasts until 08/31/18. Lame. Pass right now. I wonder if the 5% off includes the food? 😀

Last HP 08-07-2023

Message 7 of 20
HeavenOhio
Senior Contributor

Rewards are issued in $15 increments and must be redeemed in 45 days. You'd need to be a pretty regular shopper to benefit.

Message 8 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

The free shipping is a nice perk I suppose, but as K-in-Boston mentioned, that overall APR is meh for every applicant even with decent profiles, but if most folks PIF then I guess no issue.

It would've been nicer if they would've rolled both programs into one CC.
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

ikea.png

im in the garden so gonna pass lol

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.