cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interesting, Very Interesting Capital One...

tag
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Interesting, Very Interesting Capital One...

So I helped my brother reinstate his online banking on the Capital One site. I was shocked to see that his Journey card was magically a Visa Platinum. He never noticed either, and it's been like that for at least a year on his statements! Not only that, but he earns the no-hassle rewards on it, which is 1% cash back and an additional 25% back on cash rewards earned with on-time payments.

He barely uses that card. I was just shocked to know that all that changed! Who knows if he ever received the documents for it, but he said that he never received a Visa Platinum card in place of his Journey. Weird!

Oh, also got him to try to PC his card to the "Jimmy Fallon" card through chat. No go, but hey, 1.25% on a platinum ain't bad!

Just thought I'd start reporting in after a 2 week hiatus Smiley Wink between vacations, spending more time with family, friends, and my boyfriend, and getting back into my full-time work routine tended to leave me worn out practically every day! But it's good to be back!

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Interesting, Very Interesting Capital One...

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

So I helped my brother reinstate his online banking on the Capital One site. I was shocked to see that his Journey card was magically a Visa Platinum. He never noticed either, and it's been like that for at least a year on his statements! Not only that, but he earns the no-hassle rewards on it, which is 1% cash back and an additional 25% back on cash rewards earned with on-time payments.

He barely uses that card. I was just shocked to know that all that changed! Who knows if he ever received the documents for it, but he said that he never received a Visa Platinum card in place of his Journey. Weird!

Oh, also got him to try to PC his card to the "Jimmy Fallon" card through chat. No go, but hey, 1.25% on a platinum ain't bad!

Just thought I'd start reporting in after a 2 week hiatus Smiley Wink between vacations, spending more time with family, friends, and my boyfriend, and getting back into my full-time work routine tended to leave me worn out practically every day! But it's good to be back!

Hi Ya daybreakgonesXe

We miss you at the Friday / party lol

The 1.25% is not bad at all

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

I'm confused.  Doesn't the Journey also have the 1% + .25%?

Message 3 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@daybreakgonesXe wrote:

Did he get a CLI with the PC?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 8
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Weird! My Visa Platinum from 2006 has 1.25% back on everything! Ive not seen many ppl w that
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 5 of 8
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
Weird! My Visa Platinum from 2006 has 1.25% back on everything! Ive not seen many ppl w that

I have two Visa Plats dating 10-15 years.  For reasons I cannot recall, one was a No Hassle Cash, the other a No Hassle Miles.   At one point, one of them became a no rewards card (which of course I don't use), and the other became a 1.25% on everything (since converted to the 1% + .5% bonus)  So I suspect at one point all Plats of a certain type became the 1.25%, but there may not be many around now.

Message 6 of 8
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Think I got the rewards added to mine in 2011
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 8
JonStur
Established Contributor

Still have the 2% 2% 1% structure. Wanted to PC to Green Cash, but cs rep let me keep it and gave me a CLI and no fee....

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.