Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Internal Limit AMEX Zync

tag
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Internal Limit AMEX Zync

Called to find out my internal limit and guy said he couldnt give it to me.  I then told him that I wanted to put a large purchase on card as I'm rebuilding from storm damage and needed to order cabinets before loan was processed as they will take 3-4 weeks to  get in (trying to fix kitchen before Turkey day!)

I told him that I wanted to order new kitchen cabinets on card so I can get the points.  Side Note- Got great deal on cabinets.  22k in cabinets for 7k.  He typed it in and said no problem.  So now I know my internal limit is at least 8.2k (current balance plus cabinet cost).  Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Internal Limit AMEX Zync

@Duncanrr wrote:

Called to find out my internal limit and guy said he couldnt give it to me.  I then told him that I wanted to put a large purchase on card as I'm rebuilding from storm damage and needed to order cabinets before loan was processed as they will take 3-4 weeks to  get in (trying to fix kitchen before Turkey day!)

I told him that I wanted to order new kitchen cabinets on card so I can get the points.  Side Note- Got great deal on cabinets.  22k in cabinets for 7k.  He typed it in and said no problem.  So now I know my internal limit is at least 8.2k (current balance plus cabinet cost).  Smiley Happy

Wow, that's great, congrats!   I know mine is at least 5.8k, as I have gone that high back in may when I got married...  I didn't try to go any higher because if I had I would have struggled to PIF when it was due. 

How long have you had your card and what is your normal monthly spend?

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 18
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

awesome...i can't seem to get mine past the $500 mark.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 3 of 18
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Opened the card on 9/12/12.  My first statement I ran about 1.1k through it.  I had an old Green card back in 1993 but havent had an AMEX since.  My Delta was also approved on 9/12 and it has a 2k limit.  So go figure.  I do make 6 figures income.

Message 4 of 18
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Great news then! I think amex likes high earners. They seem to really be generous on the internal limits.
FICO 9:

Message 5 of 18
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

I just got approved for the Green Card last friday, how long did it take you to recieve your card?

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 6 of 18
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

i was just making a joke on my $500 hard limit. I've averaged $1,800-$2,000 through it per month for the past 4 months, but have to make continual payments to do that.

I think i may have just app'd too early for the Zync. I was approved for it with ~580 EX FICO and was really excited, but then I was finally able to get some stuff removed, etc then a month or so later my scored jumped up to 647. I also have a 6 figure salary and i think with the salary and having the 647 EX FICO then I may have gotten the NPSL.

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 7 of 18
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@j_casteel wrote:

i was just making a joke on my $500 hard limit. I've averaged $1,800-$2,000 through it per month for the past 4 months, but have to make continual payments to do that.

I think i may have just app'd too early for the Zync. I was approved for it with ~580 EX FICO and was really excited, but then I was finally able to get some stuff removed, etc then a month or so later my scored jumped up to 647. I also have a 6 figure salary and i think with the salary and having the 647 EX FICO then I may have gotten the NPSL.

Have you considered closing Zync and apping for a new charge card in January?  I'm sure you will be approved with NPSL on the next one.

FICO 9:

Message 8 of 18
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

I've thought about it. Thought about keeping open and linking to higher tier charge card. If I close card ill lose existing pts which would be about same pts I would get from sign up bonus on new charge card. With my cards being backdated to 1993 I may keep zync open for AAoA gain and app for better charge after refi.

Message 9 of 18
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Duncanrr wrote:
I've thought about it. Thought about keeping open and linking to higher tier charge card. If I close card ill lose existing pts which would be about same pts I would get from sign up bonus on new charge card. With my cards being backdated to 1993 I may keep zync open for AAoA gain and app for better charge after refi.

Are you refi-ing a house or car?

You could always cash in the MRE points before you re-apply.   I think what I'll do is get the PR Gold when it makes sense for my needs, and keep the zync card open as long as they support the connect pack, which is great for all of my phone bills, internet bills, etc.

Now is a great time to refi Smiley Happy

FICO 9:

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.