cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is Sync moving away from giving FICO scores?

tag
FlaDude
Established Contributor

Is Sync moving away from giving FICO scores?

I know Chase recently stopped offering FICO scores for Slate cardholders. I just logged in to check my FICO on the Lowes card site and saw this at the bottom of the page:

lowes_msg.png

Has anyone else seen this on their Lowes or any other Sync cards? I was still able to get my FICO score, but I won't be surprised to see that go away over the next few months.

Scores: March 21 FICO 8: EX 810, TU 808, EQ 813
AoOA: closed: 36 years, open: 25 years; AAoA: 11.8 years
Amex Gold, Amex Green, Amex Blue, Amex ED, Amex Delta Gold, Amex Hilton Surpass, BoA Platinum Plus, Chase Freedom Unlimited, Chase Amazon, Chase CSP, Chase United Explorer, Citi AA Plat, Sync Lowes, Sync JC Penney - total CL 145k
Loans: Chase car loan (35k/6yrs 0.9%)
Message 1 of 151
150 REPLIES 150
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Is Lowes/Sync moving away from giving FICO scores?

That's disappointing if they're taking that feature away from the card.  I only see the banner on my Lowe's account, but not Amazon or PayPal Credit.  All 3 show a TU FICO 08 score from 01 JUL.

Message 2 of 151
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I see that announcement and I wont be enrolling in it, not interested in FAKO scores. I suspect they got a better deal from Vantage than Fico. Wonder if they will be using Vantage to maintain the account if so that too will be very disappointing. If someone isnt using such a score they should be banned from publishing it to the public, going to be contacting my US reps and make such a suggestion.

Message 3 of 151
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hope they don't take away the TU Fico 8 score.  My Lowe's account is the only source I have that still gives me negative reason codes with an 850 score, something I really appreciate.

Message 4 of 151
staticvoidmain
Established Contributor

My Synchrony cards (Sam's Club MC and PayPal MC) still show TU Fico, albeit they haven't been updated since July 1st. It could just be late, but who knows... In my case, I also get this score from Barclays (Uber Visa).

Message 5 of 151
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Word! @gdale6 Smiley Wink
Message 6 of 151
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

I see that announcement and I wont be enrolling in it, not interested in FAKO scores. I suspect they got a better deal from Vantage than Fico. Wonder if they will be using Vantage to maintain the account if so that too will be very disappointing. If someone isnt using such a score they should be banned from publishing it to the public, going to be contacting my US reps and make such a suggestion.

Well, at the risk of FSR, IMO NOT the most pressing thing I need reps to focuse on!

Message 7 of 151
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just checked mine - it’s also showing the score as of 7/1/2019.
Message 8 of 151
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Only question left is will they Choose Bekins or United Van?Smiley Wink
Message 9 of 151
BallBounces
Valued Contributor

I can't speak to Lowes specifically, but all of my various  Sync cards still give me TU FICO 8, and they do it every day that I ask them to.

050719:     
021924:     

FICO 08 scores listed and are stagnated until multiple derogatory items expire over the next two years.
Message 10 of 151
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.