cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my Sephora Card a Store Card or Visa?

tag
1stCarBuyer

Is my Sephora Card a Store Card or Visa?

I didn’t really pay much attention to until today when I got a letter from Comenity about security concerns. I was unable to use my Temp Card in store when I got it and when I tried to use my hard card today it didn’t go through.

Anyway I noticed at the end of the letter it said “this card is issued by Comenity Capital Bank to a license by Visa USA inc.” I assumed I just had the store card because the Visa logo was neither on the front or back of the card but it’s the only store card I have that had an expiration date and a 3 CVV code.

None of my other Comenity store cards have exp and CVVs so I’m so confused.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Is my Sephora Card a Store Card or Visa?

Just call them and ask.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Without a VISA logo, it’s a store card. 

Message 3 of 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

As previously mentioned, if the card doesn't display the Visa [network] logo, it's simply a store card. That said, some store cards have expiration dates and/or CCV codes.
Message 4 of 5
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

@1stCarBuyer wrote:
None of my other Comenity store cards have exp and CVVs so I’m so confused.

Just an FYI, but My IKEA card has CVV and expiration date. My Big Lots card has neither. My IKEA card can be used online, the Big Lots card cannot.

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.