cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is this possible with Amex MRs?

red259
Super Contributor

Is this possible with Amex MRs?

I moved my amex MRs to krisflyer and I want to book a flight on their star alliance partner for NYC to Ljubljana. I want to fly in Luthansa first which will get me to frankfurt but then I would need a second flight to get to Ljubljana. Will they book it all as the same award since its all europe or would this count as two different award bookings? If its two bookings I will just book to frankfurt and then buy a flight onward. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Re: Is this possible with Amex MRs?

I can't answer for how to redeem award flights with KrisFlyer, as I have never done it but most likely you'd want to book the flight to Slovenia with a connecting flight in Frankfurt. One thing to keep in mind is that if you do book each leg separately you will be subject to continental baggage allowances which can be many kg lighter than a transcontinental flight flight booked through to the final destination.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure why you ask if it's possible with the MRs.  Your question should be is this possible with KrisFlyer.  Honestly for a redemption like that you should ask on FlyerTalk.  I think you'll get more experienced KF reward flgiht people there than here.

@red259 wrote:

I moved my amex MRs to krisflyer and I want to book a flight on their star alliance partner for NYC to Ljubljana. I want to fly in Luthansa first which will get me to frankfurt but then I would need a second flight to get to Ljubljana. Will they book it all as the same award since its all europe or would this count as two different award bookings? If its two bookings I will just book to frankfurt and then buy a flight onward. 

Message 3 of 5
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Not sure why you ask if it's possible with the MRs.  Your question shold be is this possible with KrisFlyer.  Honestly for a redemption like that you should ask on FlyerTalk.  I think you'll get more experienced KF reward flgiht people there than here.

@red259 wrote:

I posted the question there but have not heard back. I'm sure there are some people here who have done something similiar, so was worth a shot asking. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 4 of 5
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Yes you'll want to book it at a flight from NYC to Ljubliana with a connection in Frankfurt or Dusseldorf or wherever rather than as individual flights.  That way it's seen as an award flight from USA to Europe 2 rather than the individual legs which would cost more points.

However, you'll need to check availability of award flights on the individual legs you want (or the KrisFlyer people can check for you).  So when you call them you'd specify which flights you're asking for and they'll book it as a single itinerary.

Irish is right, though, this really is a question for FlyerTalk rather than here.  You've already transferred the points so your credit card is no longer involved.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.