Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

J Crew Credit Card- That Box Came up

tag
ddemari
Super Contributor

J Crew Credit Card- That Box Came up

I have had this card for a year and have heard about the Comenity check box for CLI. Yes, I have hit the button A LOT and my limit is over 18,000.00 so really I dont needd anymore and wont poke that button. But, hopefully it goes away eventually! haha.

None of my other Comenity Bank/ Comenity Capital Bank cards have that box as of right now, hopefully it stays that way. 

343.jpg

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: J Crew Credit Card- That Box Came up

Good to know

Message 2 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Didn't come up for me last night. Maybe it's once you get to a certain credit limit for whatever they have on file as your score? 

Message 3 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I have it on all my cards that are not qualifying for CLI's anymore but I have clicked it and still have received no hp and an instant no... I usually use the automated phone system only since online gives me difference answers and this box many times but phone just works as normal usually... I think I have 1 account (maybe jcrew, trying to remember) taht even on phone system says that they may check my credit if i continue with request, do I agree.... I have agreed before and still nothing for CLI and no hp's but they seem to not be able to access my EQ on some accounts and I have stopped getting CLI's on those and other accounts it's not an issue so who knows! they are a weird bank.

Message 4 of 28
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Hmmm...Will see what happens next week when I hit the button for my bi-monthly batch.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 5 of 28
ddemari
Super Contributor

My overstock, hsn, icomfort cards have no box. I have been using the phone for barneys and pier 1 

last month they have me 4 - 200 CLI's lol. Now they have decided Im good. lol 

Message 6 of 28
ddemari
Super Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I have it on all my cards that are not qualifying for CLI's anymore but I have clicked it and still have received no hp and an instant no... I usually use the automated phone system only since online gives me difference answers and this box many times but phone just works as normal usually... I think I have 1 account (maybe jcrew, trying to remember) taht even on phone system says that they may check my credit if i continue with request, do I agree.... I have agreed before and still nothing for CLI and no hp's but they seem to not be able to access my EQ on some accounts and I have stopped getting CLI's on those and other accounts it's not an issue so who knows! they are a weird bank.

CA- so you have it on your cards that don't qualify anymore, does that mean they never will qualify again or with Comenity who knows? Have you had them there for a long time? 

Message 7 of 28
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I love how you fear no hard pulls!

Message 8 of 28
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@ddemari wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

CA- so you have it on your cards that don't qualify anymore, does that mean they never will qualify again or with Comenity who knows? Have you had them there for a long time? 

I had it for a few months on my Express and then it went away after 3 months or something and I got a CLI and it's back again.

I have had it on my other cards that I was getting CLI's on monthly for a while and I have not gotten anything on HSN, Trek, Pier1, Pottery Barn since getting big increases a while back.... I use to get a letter saying since other creditors couldn't access my report they would not give me a CLI (my report is not locked and not sure what other creditors have to do with them) but starting last month I have gotten "due to utilization currently on the account, we will not give more credit" but my util. is ZERO"

so I chalk it up to another weird computer mess up with comenity and move on.... I get these letters but then at same time get a new account like Carsons and now have a $30k credit line with them! so who knows.

Message 9 of 28
ddemari
Super Contributor

LOL who knows is right! i have never been able to get an increase on HSN that I acquired through SCT months back. Used it a few times, paid it in full. Tried phone and buttton, but nothing but i hear that it is one of the cards that takes 9 months to get a cli.

I might be closing that card out anyways. The Carson's thing is funny, I wish they had a SCT.

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.