Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Joining PSECU-Welcome to PSECU!!

tag
Chaos122
Regular Contributor

Re: Joining PSECU

Took them about 2 1/2 weeks for me.  After they confirmed that they recieved my mailed app, it took them about a week before they looked it over, then they requested a copy of my ID.  Once they received it i didnt hear from them for another week, so i called in and the lad said they were very busy so she would try to work on my account within the next couple days.  a few days later she called and said welcome to psecu.

They are very nice people, the new accounts dept is just really busy.

Starting Score: TU 608, Eq 618
Current Score: TU 797 Eq 792, Ex 805 (psecu)
Goal Score: 840 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 21 of 105
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

My app took 1 1/2 weeks, but 2-2 1/2 weeks seem to be normal. It just depends how busy they are really. They are real nice though.
Message 22 of 105
DI
Super Contributor

I asked them very nicely if I could please email my signed application.  Now, I just hope to not have to send any additional information.  I was told my application was put in line with other applications. 

Message 23 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

Patience is the key word. It took me 3 weeks to get the welcome package in the mail. They actually needed me to fax something over, but after I did fax it, within the next day I received the welcome e-mail, and the package arrived a few days later. I guess they are really swamped with apps lately. The CSRs are all really helpful and nice though (at least the ones I spoke to).

Oh yeah, and don't get excited if you get the checks really quickly, they seem to send those right away...

Message 24 of 105
DI
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Patience is the key word. It took me 3 weeks to get the welcome package in the mail. They actually needed me to fax something over, but after I did fax it, within the next day I received the welcome e-mail, and the package arrived a few days later. I guess they are really swamped with apps lately. The CSRs are all really helpful and nice though (at least the ones I spoke to).

Oh yeah, and don't get excited if you get the checks really quickly, they seem to send those right away...

I didn't see an option to change my address.  There was a note saying the address on the application is what will appear on the checks.  The application wanted a street address, but,  I like for all my mail to got to my P.O. Box.   I will never use the checks anyway, so I guess it's not a big deal.

Message 25 of 105
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

I'm curious if they ever did a hard pull on EX, or if you were able to get approved with a soft one. That's one of the reasons why I'm putting off applying for an acct. with them, as I already have 7 inq on EX. It would be great to know if we're able to open an acct with a soft pull from them.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 26 of 105
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hard pull from EX

Message 27 of 105
DI
Super Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

I'm curious if they ever did a hard pull on EX, or if you were able to get approved with a soft one. That's one of the reasons why I'm putting off applying for an acct. with them, as I already have 7 inq on EX. It would be great to know if we're able to open an acct with a soft pull from them.

Thanks! Smiley Happy

They did a soft pull.  I have a freeze on my EX report.   I don't see why they should do a hard pull if I only applied to become a member and  get a savings and checking out. 

Message 28 of 105
DI
Super Contributor

Got a call from PSECU today.  They asked about the credit freeze on my EX report.  The rep said she was not able to access my report.    I don't understand when there is a soft inquiry showing up.  She said it's up to me if I want to continue the  process, but I have to lift the freeze. 

Message 29 of 105
UFGuy2006
Established Contributor

@DI wrote:

Got a call from PSECU today.  They asked about the credit freeze on my EX report.  The rep said she was not able to access my report.    I don't understand when there is a soft inquiry showing up.  She said it's up to me if I want to continue the  process, but I have to lift the freeze. 

Yikes - thats what I thought.

Message 30 of 105
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.