Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just UPGRADED Cap One rebuilder card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just UPGRADED Cap One rebuilder card

Hubby had that new Capital One rebuilder card (approved in December) ... it graduated to a regular Platinum card around May ... just upgraded to a Quicksilver platinum no AF today. Going to shoot for a CLI in four months.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Just UPGRADED Cap One rebuilder card

Congrats.   Good process and another step in the right directon.

Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

You got to like Cap1. They make things easy. Congrats and good job!
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Only good things to come in the future. Just have patience.

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Woah, they do that for the new rebuilder card but not the secured? Ugh. I don't want to cancel my secured card right now for various reasons, but it would be really nice if it graduated. I knew going in that it never would, but I'm a bit jelly that their other low score product does.

My other card with them is a Platinum, and for being kind of a starter card, it has a decent credit line. They more than tripled its line back in March. Maybe I should call and ask for it to be converted to a QS1? I've never been offered but keep hearing that's a thing.

Message 5 of 20
greent
Frequent Contributor

Cap One does automatic CLI at 5 months. 

Message 6 of 20
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Nice, steady moving forward!

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Woah, they do that for the new rebuilder card but not the secured? Ugh. I don't want to cancel my secured card right now for various reasons, but it would be really nice if it graduated. I knew going in that it never would, but I'm a bit jelly that their other low score product does.

My other card with them is a Platinum, and for being kind of a starter card, it has a decent credit line. They more than tripled its line back in March. Maybe I should call and ask for it to be converted to a QS1? I've never been offered but keep hearing that's a thing.

You have to ask via phone or chat. IME, they don't just offer it.

Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Call or chat and ask, but don't ask for a QS1.  Go for broke and ask for a QS.  It'll stay a MasterCard but it's still the higher tier product.

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

You should try for the QS with NO af. I got that upgrade from the platinum just last week!

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.