Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just applied for BoA secured

tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Just applied for BoA secured

@beautybrainsbooty wrote:

a HP every time??? good to know! wow. i need to stick with the credit unions.

Many CU's are HP's too for secured cards.

It's not really a huge deal unless you're onesie-twosieing deposits, in which case C1, USAA, NFCU, SDFCU (I think) and possibly a few others are the list.

        
Message 11 of 15
mmmagique
Regular Contributor

I apped on Sunday, and first thing this morning (Tuesday following Labor day) I noticed the money has been pulled from my CU. Does that mean it's been approved? 

In the garden until May 2022!!
Message 12 of 15
Jlu
Established Contributor

In many cases, yes. Was the same with me. Unless you have a BK or a recent (2 years or newer) baddie you will be approved.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 13 of 15
mmmagique
Regular Contributor

Ok, didn't want to wait until next week to find out, so I called the secured cc number. (888-260-4696)

She told me they were waiting for the payment from the "other bank" to come through. It's through my credit union and it was out before 9 am tuesday morning (today is friday) 

I told her that, and asked her about the 123 rewards. She said to call them when my card arrived, and congratulated me on my approval. : ) I do have a couple of lates on other accounts that are over six months old, but no other recent real baddies. I also have had a checking and savings account with them for several years. 

I'm glad to get this account, to put myself into the higher that toy ($3000) limit category. So *YaY*!!!

In the garden until May 2022!!
Message 14 of 15
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@mmmagique wrote:

Ok, didn't want to wait until next week to find out, so I called the secured cc number. (888-260-4696)

She told me they were waiting for the payment from the "other bank" to come through. It's through my credit union and it was out before 9 am tuesday morning (today is friday) 

I told her that, and asked her about the 123 rewards. She said to call them when my card arrived, and congratulated me on my approval. : ) I do have a couple of lates on other accounts that are over six months old, but no other recent real baddies. I also have had a checking and savings account with them for several years. 

I'm glad to get this account, to put myself into the higher that toy ($3000) limit category. So *YaY*!!!

I've heard of plenty of people adding 1-2-3 before receiving their card because AFAIK it takes like 3-4 weeks or something for it to be activated, so if you're set on having that I would call up again and ask to add it, this way you get a few days ahead of the game Smiley Very Happy

congratulations on your approval Smiley Very Happy 

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.