cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kay Genesis

tag
Sauron

Kay Genesis

I logged into my accounts today for both Kay and Jared. Both serviced by Genesis. And noticed that the available credit amount was $0.00. When I called customer service they said there was a block placed and I would need to go into a store to have a "routine review" completed. A supervisor said that this could result in an account closure, lower limit or CLI. Has anyone had experience with this?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Guyatthebeach
Valued Contributor

Re: Kay Genesis

Sauron,

I have the Comenity store card and I just looked at it online. My card is in perfect status.  I'm not sure what happened with yours.  Do you have a change in CR or not use the card in a while?

Guyatthebeach

Message 2 of 7
mgood
Valued Contributor

I have the Kay Genesis. No problem with mine; looking at the webiste everything seems good.
(Except that they won't give me CLIs anymore. I'm not sure if they stopped all CLIs for Covid or if I'm topped out on what credit they offer.)

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 778, TU8 766, EX8 770 as of April 25
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE4 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 4/12, 7/24
Message 3 of 7
mgood
Valued Contributor

@Sauron wrote:

. . . I would need to go into a store to have a "routine review" completed. A supervisor said that this could result in an account closure, lower limit or CLI. Has anyone had experience with this?

Let us know the outcome, please. I'm curious, and I don't believe there are many of us on this forum with that particular card.

Starting Score: EQ8 680, TU8 713, EX8 701
Current Score: EQ8 778, TU8 766, EX8 770 as of April 25
Goal Score: EQ8 780, TU8 780, EX8 780

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
AZE4 - 2% Utl - New Accts: 3/6, 4/12, 7/24
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got this card when purchasing my fiance's engagement ring a while back. I've always paid on time and credit scores have gotten better since getting the card. This same thing happened to me a few months ago when I was logging in to make a payment, noticed that the credit limit was at $0. I called to see what the deal was and was told that it was part of a "periodic review process" and I would essentially need to re-apply to determine what my new credit limit would be. I declined as I don't plan on using the card again since I only applied for it for this one particular purpose. Once I pay it off, I'm going to request an account closure. I am not sure if this could be a contributing factor or not, but all of my reports are on ice so maybe they do soft pulls every once in a while, but can't since they are frozen?
Message 5 of 7
John00
Established Member

I have the genesis card and after paying off my first purchase with the card, they lowered my limit to 0.00 and I couldn't use the card. I went into the store and asked them why this happened and they reinstated the previous credit limit right then. I made a second purchase with the card which has been paid off for a while now and my credit limit has stayed in place. Hope this helps!

Message 6 of 7
toddc
Regular Contributor

When I had this happen on my ashley furniture (serviced by genesis) I called them and they said my account was closed (as a result of inactivity im assuming) but then I got an ashley card serviced by synchrony with a much higher limit and better terms so I didnt really care.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.