Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Keybank Releasing New Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keybank Releasing New Credit Card

Hello all, 

Just wanted to share with you guys a new credit card that is being released by Keybank on June 28th for the public. Keybank is releasing a new rewards card on June 28th that is similar to the QuickSilver offered by CapitalOne. Only difference is that your cashback is detemined off of your relationship with Keybank.

The card will be offering unlimited 1.5% cashback on all purchases. Now, if you have a full relationship with Keybank and meet these two requirements, you can earn an unlimited 2% cashback on all purchases. You must have a checking account with Key that has at least $1,000 in deposits a month. AND you must maintain a minimum daily balance of $1,000 in either a savings or investment account. 

The card will have a weak $100 bonus when you spend $500 within 60 days of opening. Oh, and 12 months 0% APR for balance transfers.

That's all. 

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Keybank Releasing New Credit Card

Seems steeper than the Penfed Powercash. I would argue getting $100 back for only $500 is pretty nice but then again, im no bonus chaser so probably seems small to non average folkSmiley Wink
Message 2 of 16
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Not a bad way to encourage existing customers to try new products. However, I’ll just stick with my Citi DC, which has no stipulations. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

They do have an amazing employee offer for the card. Get $300 back when you spend $500 in the first 60 days. Originally wasn't going to apply for it right away, but once they released the information on the employee offer... I might app for it on the 10th (Release date for employees).

Message 4 of 16
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

If you happen to Bank with Key Bank and you LIKE keybank.... sounds great. I don't think this card will get the myfico effect for 1.5% cash back... MAYBE 2%... you can get that with PayPal / Citi / SDFCU / Penfed, etc...

Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's always nice to know when a new card is coming.  Not very exciting though.

Message 6 of 16
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Is Keybank regional or nationwide?
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Keybank is regional. I was very excited when i first found out they had a new card in the making, but very disappointed when the info was released. They could of done better.
Message 8 of 16
Save-n-Invest
Established Contributor

Thanks for the info. Key is my primary bank and I meet the criteria. I may look into it. The bonus is not weak IMO. Key will pay the bonus if they say they will.

Message 9 of 16
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Long time forum member 12njoy will be thrilled to find this out.

They have (4) (yes you see that right) KeyBank credit cards already that are still growing and posted in the approvals forum as much a couple weeks ago.

I'm out of footprint so no try from this end Smiley Sad

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.