Who they pull?

Requirements or docs?

Thank you.

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Kinecta? Info

You don’t see much about them. What few references I have seen seem to suggest they pull EX but nothing about what scores they want or limits they give. 

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, I do. There's one down my street. I had a checking account with them, and if I remember correctly, was initially approved for a "platinum" credit card (no rewards, just low APR, like other credit unions) although I can't remember my initial starting limit. It may have been $8K.  I was able to get an increase to $15,000 though, and they do use Experian, similar to a ton of other credit unions in my area (Los Angeles County).

Message 3 of 8
pete19103
New Contributor

Not sure who they pull but I applied and got for their MYPerks rewards CC recently.  Few things to be aware off:

Anybody can apply as you can get membership by joining the Santa Monica Co-op for $10(but that fee was waived)  

I applied mainly for the signup bonus as below: 
   Within first 90 days:
     Receive $500 if spend $6,000 or more
     Receive $250 if spend $4,000 to $5,999
     Receive $100 if spend $1,500 to $3,999  

1)  You will have to provide ID (Drivers Lic or passport), proof of address and proof of income, so no fibbing on the income part of the application.
2)  You have to open a Kinecta Savings acct($10 min) as well.  You can NOT pay your credit card directly from an external bank acct; you have to transfer from your external bank acct to your Kinecta Savings acct first(which takes 2-3 business days) then pay your CC from the Kinecta savings account
3)  Cut off for same day payment is 12:00noon (probably PST as they are in CA)
4)  SUB is a statement credit but reward credits redemption only in $50 increments.
5)  I got a SL of $2,500 (FICO 730) even though most of my other major CC had limits from $7,500 to $12,000 at the time of application. However, that may have been due to having 3 recent new CC in the previous couple months. So if you want to reach the $500 SUB for spending $6,000(or even the $250 bonus) will probably have to make payments every week or 2 to be able to spend enough in first 90 daysif you dont get a large credit limit.
Message 4 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes, I do. There's one down my street. I had a checking account with them, and if I remember correctly, was initially approved for a "platinum" credit card (no rewards, just low APR, like other credit unions) although I can't remember my initial starting limit. It may have been $8K.  I was able to get an increase to $15,000 though, and they do use Experian, similar to a ton of other credit unions in my area (Los Angeles County).

Do you recall if there's a hard pull for membership?

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 5 of 8
pete19103
New Contributor

Kinecta was a HP;   pretty sure it was Experian but cant say for sure

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

That’s a lot of hoops to jump through for payment. I’ll never understand these CUs that make it impossible to pay your bill.
Message 7 of 8
pete19103
New Contributor

Its not that bad but definitely something thats nice to know ahead of time so you can be prepared.  No logging in the day your payment is due and making a payment if you havent set everything up ahead of time and transferred over your funds.  It had me freaking out a bit when I tried to make my first payment but fortunately I had plenty of time to set everything up before my first payment was due(and when I had a couple of questions and called up for help,  everybody was super nice and helpful)

And I KNEW there was one more thing I forgot to mention!!   $2 fee for a paper statement after the first one so make sure to sign up for e-billing

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.