Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kohl's PLCC to Visa

tag
Cory88
Frequent Contributor

Kohl's PLCC to Visa

I spoke to a rep about 30 days ago and they said all card will be going over to the Visa by the end of 2023 I just called today (15 Aug 2023) and she told me that it was only for a very select people that got the upgrade who ever got it that all they are doing. Does anyone else heard anything else?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Tcal
Regular Contributor

Re: Kohl's PLCC to Visa

I think there have been previous posts on this, all indicating that they will be selectively upgrading accounts to the Visa flavor. 

From what I've seen, having at least a $3k CL seems to be a factor. 

Message 2 of 8
BijouMan
New Contributor

They sent me the Visa one a couple weeks ago. When I logged on to Capital One, it asked if I wanted to link my Kohl's card to my online account, so now it shows that one as well as Savor. Does the Kohl's card count against Capital One's two-card limit?

IMG_4412.jpeg

Message 3 of 8
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

@BijouMan wrote:

They sent me the Visa one a couple weeks ago. When I logged on to Capital One, it asked if I wanted to link my Kohl's card to my online account, so now it shows that one as well as Savor. Does the Kohl's card count against Capital One's two-card limit

IMG_4412.jpeg

I dont think cap 1 counts the kohls visa in the 2 card max. I have a QS and a savor 1 in addition to the kohls and all 3 are on my cap 1 accounts page

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 2100/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos ,most are slightly above 700, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's

TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 4 of 8
SUPERSQUID
Valued Contributor

A funny story involving this card. Last week I handed the card to my dentists administrator and she immediately tried to hand it back to me saying we don't accept store cards. I said no its a Visa with the Kohls logo.

{ BK7 DC 12/2019 } target 2100/ kohls Visa 7000/ discover IT cb 6500 / 2nd discover IT cb 6000/mercury 4100 / firestone 2800 /legacy 3000 /first savings bank cc 3000/ cap1 QS 5000/ cap 1 savor one 3100 /Bread rewards Amex 4k, Penfed PCR signature visa 10k/ penfed gold 7.5k NFCU >signature visa cash rewards 21700/bread cashback amex 8000

>/ nfcu platinum 15k, BABY NEEDS NEW SHOES !!!!!
closed-- reflex, applied bank, first digital, mission lane, ikea, fingerhut, big lots, valero gasoline, ollo, more to come
Rebuilding since September 2020
who i burned - chase, cap 1, TD bank, Sync, were the biggies
Income 40k
Total utilization around 20 pct depending on my current usage/needs
Ficos ,most are slightly above 700, the 9's slightly higher than the 8's

TCL - about 110k
Retired since 2017
Message 5 of 8
Linnaea
Frequent Contributor

@SUPERSQUID wrote:

A funny story involving this card. Last week I handed the card to my dentists administrator and she immediately tried to hand it back to me saying we don't accept store cards. I said no its a Visa with the Kohls logo.

Kind of make me chuckle because Victoria Secret has a Store version and a Mastercard version.   I'm wondering what kind of reaction is would get with VS PINK Card... lol.

Message 6 of 8
kyjeepbear

Is it safe to assume that this change is similar to Target's upgrade of their store cards to Target Master Card?

Message 7 of 8
Zoostation1
Valued Contributor

@BijouManCo-branded and store cards do not count towards the limit.  That being said, while often they won't allow additional cards it's not an absolute rule for many of their core cards.  Over an 18 month period I opened 3 capital one cards, the last being about 2 months ago (have QS, S1, and now VX). The hard limit is absolute for certain sub prime cards - Platinum secured, Platinum, QS secured, and QS1.  The lesser no sub "for good credit" versions do not get considered as sub prime in regards to the sub prime card limit.

Rebuild Started Nov 2021
June 2022 FICO 8:
June 2022 FICO 9:
Oct 2024 FICO 8:
Oct 2024 FICO 9:
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.