Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LOL Credit One

tag
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

LOL Credit One

I love you guys already!

Not only do I get the card, I also get a statement with the annual fee already posted! It's since reported to CRAs...bastids...I wanted to pay you off so it'd report zero!

I'll pay the $75...but you'll be joining the party in my sock drawer! The only action you'll be getting is my $7.99 a month Hulu Plus subscription! lol.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
sewmuchdebt
Regular Contributor

Re: LOL Credit One

not necessarily true.they also charge interest from the first day on any charges.

Starting Score: EQ 505 jul09
Current Score: EQ 702 TU 693 EX 692 apr12
Goal Score: 700+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 26
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@sewmuchdebt wrote:
not necessarily true.they also charge interest from the first day on any charges.

if I read the paperwork right, they don't do this for the first year...since the CL is less than $400.

I don't plan on using it at all so I'm not really concerned about interest.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 3 of 26
Isanham
Established Member

Yes, overpay your $75 by some amount to overcome the interest you will get charged.  I overpaid last month, but it wasn't quite enough as my $1.75CR balance turned to $1.75 on statement day with interest tacked on.  I sent $2.75 by online bill pay immediately when the statement cut this month.  Hopefully, it'll finally report a zero.

My favorite part of this card is that I got my first statement with my AF already charged to me almost a week before the card arrived.  I probably spent an hour on the phone in an effort to push the fee back another month.  I knew it was going nowhere with those guys, but I had an hour to burn and I figured even cheap call center labor must cost that company something. 

I have to give them some credit for trying to throw me a bone, though.  The guy did offer to let me make a payment by phone, for a fee.

LOL Credit One is right, I'm taking the advice I got from another thread and axing this card soon.

Starting Score: 608 (7/29/12 TU), 615 (7/29/12 EQ), EX ???
Current Score: 690 (12/29/12 TU), 650 (12/16/12 EQ)
Goal Score: 700+ by 7/2014

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 26
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

I'm so glad my sub prime days are behind me.  I just need to keep it that way.

I checked out the Credit One website for kicks. Capital One should sue them - that logo is damn near identical.

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 5 of 26
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Razeus wrote:

I checked out the Credit One website for kicks. Capital One should sue them - that logo is damn near identical.

I've been very curious why they already haven't done so, they have to be related.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 26
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@Razeus wrote:

I've been very curious why they already haven't done so, they have to be related.

Yeah credit one is a joke -- if you SD it, after one year, don't worry about your HULU, they will charge you 9.25 a month as your annual fee spread out... lol

I axed this card last month.. goood riddance!

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 7 of 26
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Good riddance to credit one!
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 8 of 26
mmmagique
Regular Contributor

I received a pre-approval in the mail through Credit One, and thought it was from Capital One. I apped at Capital One, and didn't get approved because I already have two cards with them. That's when I realized what Credit One is doing. Capital One really should do something about this.

In the garden until May 2022!!
Message 9 of 26
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@mmmagique wrote:

I received a pre-approval in the mail through Credit One, and thought it was from Capital One. I apped at Capital One, and didn't get approved because I already have two cards with them. That's when I realized what Credit One is doing. Capital One really should do something about this.

I don't thnk there is anything that can be done about their logo. I mean, its similar but its clearly different from a logo standpoint.. It's deceptive, and potentiallu unethical but I don't see what Capital One can do about it.. I don't see anything illegal about it.. Look at the grocery store.. chaulk full will logos to convince you that you are buying a similar product to a name brand..

The onus is on you, the consumer, it know what you are apping for regardless of how similar the logo is.. the preapproval would have told you where to go to accept the preapproval, and it would have given you a code to use.. if the preapproval code didn't work on Cap1, why would you proceed? Seems to me you didn't do you due dilligence, IMO..

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.