Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Latest SCAM -- Union Workers Credit Union -- BEWARE

tag
latinaameri45
New Visitor

Re: Latest SCAM -- Union Workers Credit Union -- BEWARE

Latinaameri@yahoo.com
I would report this co. to the BBB or elderly abuse.gov. Better still go to "RIP OFF". Notice they give no phone number nor web site. Nope this is a fraud or a scam. They probably want you to order from their catalogue of cheep items you can buy at the 99 cents stores. Imagine outi of 1000x37.00. Would like to see their books in an audit with IRS????
Message 121 of 145
ChelleMark2012
New Visitor

if it is too good to be true… It usually is!
I went against my better judgement and paid $37.00 and yea.. NOTHING!

1yr later... ANOTHER one! It's going in the shredder!
Message 122 of 145
ChelleMark2012
New Visitor

There isn't a phone number... Any reputable company will give you their phone number. Don't trust the company even if it gives you the web site: www.unionworkerscredit.com
Message 123 of 145
amdisloquez
New Visitor

Same here my bf got one and I told him is a scam, but he did not belive me and ask me to check, I knew it his credit score is terrible he could not get $500  any where and he got an offer for 10k wow, I keep telling him is a scam and I did some research and there we are you both comfirm for him that is a SCAM. 

Message 124 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

what is a "siggie"?

Message 125 of 145
hizzaah
Frequent Contributor

Siggie refers to a Visa Signature Card.. Usually a Visa over $5k
QuickSilver - $20,000 | Amex ED $12,000 | Commence $5,000 | IT $2,200 | Freedom $2,000
Message 126 of 145
mitchblue
Valued Contributor

They know that some people will send in the 37 bucks..that's how they deem it worthy. Anytime you have to send in money it's a ripoff..

FICO® 8 Scores 821 FICO® 9 Equifax 826 (Updated 02-7-23)
Message 127 of 145
New_Beginning
Frequent Contributor

I got one of these scam letters today....in the shredder it goes. I've learned to check MyFico first before doing anything.  I so appreciate this forum!  Smiley Wink

Starting Score: EQ 615 (MyFICO) TU 588 (Walmart) EX 576 (EX Website) Started this journey 06/26/2014
Current Score: EQ 710 (MyFICO) TU 673 (Walmart) TU 726 (MyFICO) EX 706 (MyFICO) As of Sep 2015
Goal Score: 750 or higher across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 128 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Latest SCAM -- Union Workers Credit Union -- BEWARE - "siggie"

Interesting, VISA does not reference as such and was unaware of the terminology; given a posting on the internet, I had presumed slang or someone doesn't know how to spell or have a command of the English language.  Thanks.

Message 129 of 145
Anonymous
Not applicable

I also received this form for the 10k free credit approval from this company and its funny on the form it doesn't even have a phone number it has the address but doesn't have a phone number!
Message 130 of 145
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.