Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowe's Card Cancelled

tag
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Lowe's Card Cancelled

Just a data point for the board. I received an alert that my Lowe's Card was closed from myFICO

SYNCB/LOWES

Amount $0.00

Paid Loan

This was for my Lowe's Credit card with a $25,000 limit.

The last use was Sept of 2019  so about 8 months.

5-6 new accounts and inquiries last few months (Auto loans, refinanced Auto Loans after COVID, personal loan and an Apple card).

I have other Synchrony products, PayPal, Marvel, and Amazon and all three of those cards receive monthly usage.

Total credit lines were $101,000 with maybe $80 in various balances across all lines.

Now down to $76,000 of available credit with Synchrony. 

Suprised, not surprised but we were debating a few Spring projects with the Lowe's card. Obviously plenty of other options just wanted to provide some data points.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
jmos
Regular Contributor

Re: Lowe's Card Cancelled

Wow. Thanks for the info.

Message 2 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Appleman wrote:

Just a data point for the board. I received an alert that my Lowe's Card was closed from myFICO ... just wanted to provide some data points.

Tough break, though it sounds like you are better equipped than most to "weather the storm." Smiley Wink Thanks for sharing the DPs -- very instructive. 

Message 3 of 21
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Appleman, Sorry for your Lowe's closureSmiley Sad

Thank you for providing valuable data pointsSmiley Happy

Message 4 of 21
Openwater
Established Contributor

Sorry to hear, thanks for the DP's. Seems like if cards don't get use now-a-days, banks are quick to cut them off....

Discover 22K ---------------------------- Credit Union MC 17K
Cap1 QS 11K ---------------------------- Barclay 3.4K
AMEX Blue Cash AU 15.5K ------ Barclay Apple AU 10K
AMEX BCP 15K
1 Installment loans:
Auto 60K /

AMEX Hilton Aspire 25K
Vantage 3.0: TU:738 EQ: 737 03-17-2020
Ch. 7 DC 12/2014
Message 5 of 21
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

$101K in aggregate CL across all accounts is right up against the maxinum Synchrony typically likes to extend to a client even under the best of times.  Unfortunate but not totally unexpected given current conditions and the lack of recent use on the card.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 6 of 21
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Been about 14 months since my lowes card has seen any activety, thankfully still open..  Probably saving grace last purchase was $4400 approx dollar paid off in a few months of defferred financing so maybe they figure i will make a decent size future purchase.  If they keep it open another few months they are likely to see another 3-4k purchase.  

Sorry to hear OP although not going to go to lowes to buy a roll of paper towels to keep it open.  I figure ill roll with the punches and see if my 35k card will remain open only sync card atm.. care credit i also charged 10k on it, but since paid it off and since myself closed that card myself.

Message 7 of 21
CYBERSAM
Senior Contributor

@Appleman wrote:

Just a data point for the board. I received an alert that my Lowe's Card was closed from myFICO

SYNCB/LOWES

Amount $0.00

Paid Loan

This was for my Lowe's Credit card with a $25,000 limit.

The last use was Sept of 2019  so about 8 months.

5-6 new accounts and inquiries last few months (Auto loans, refinanced Auto Loans after COVID, personal loan and an Apple card).

I have other Synchrony products, PayPal, Marvel, and Amazon and all three of those cards receive monthly usage.

Total credit lines were $101,000 with maybe $80 in various balances across all lines.

Now down to $76,000 of available credit with Synchrony. 

Suprised, not surprised but we were debating a few Spring projects with the Lowe's card. Obviously plenty of other options just wanted to provide some data points.

Very sorry to hear! This makes me nervous about my new Lowe's card

Message 8 of 21
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Lowe's was a card that a lot of people went for huge limits on, and were granted, but a lot of the times the usage didn't match up with the limit. So honestly, this isn't that surprising to me. The card hadn't been used in 8 months and had a large limit. No reason for the bank to continue to extend the limit.

Synchrony is obviously tightening up on a lot of things and my guess is the huge unused limits are the first easy thing to cut.

Message 9 of 21
Appleman
Valued Contributor

Like many of you I run off and check my cards when I hear an issuer has closed an account. Usually, there is something that triggers the action and I imagine it was lack of use for this card. Also, as noted, I was over the $100,000 in credit exposure for Synchrony.

My scores have dipped in the last few months with a bit of an inquiry spree but are still solid. Plus my utilization has remained in the 1-3% range.

I admit I spent part of the afternoon adding funds to my Amazon account to show a little use to some other dormant cards.

My hope is it was just one account but given the current economic situation I expect it may not be the last. Heading to the proverbial garden and keeping those balances low....

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.