Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lowe's Credit Card What a Joke.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Lowe's Credit Card What a Joke.

I decided to apply for it online rather than in store and after entering all my info and getting at least one Hard Inquiry on Transunion, the process stopped in it's tracks to want me to video myself with my government i.d. It said it would send a link to my mobile phone in order for me to video myself with my i.d.

For one, I do not feel comfortable with that and for two, I do not live in a cell service area.

What a freaking joke.

Message 1 of 61
60 REPLIES 60
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

Re: Lowe's Credit Card What a Joke.

This is a Synchrony card, right?

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 2 of 61
AllZero
Mega Contributor

That's an interesting requirement. Never read that before. Thanks for sharing the data points. Maybe call into CSR and find alternate means of ID verification?
Message 3 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, Synchrony. I know I have had credit with them before.

Message 4 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's a new one on me too. I'd definitely call and ask what's up.

Message 5 of 61
kerplunk
Frequent Contributor

Sounds like a scam. Are you confident in the legitimacy of the website you're using? Either way, I wouldn't do it.

Message 6 of 61
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Never heard of that one.

Message 7 of 61
Remedios
Credit Mentor

This is not that much different from AODs selfie with ID. 

Message 8 of 61
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok, I called their customer service number. I explained why I was calling and was transferred 3 times to state the same thing over to someone else. Finally, on the 3rd rep I spoke with he said he could have the automated system call me on my landline and give me a passcode. Luckily I have call waiting so I was able to do this and then switch back over to him to give him the code to proceed. I was finally approved and then the next debacle occured.

Only a $1,000 limit! Another joke. I have excellent credit and a decent income and have some large credit lines with other lenders. So then I was transferred again to ask for a credit line increase. Meanwhile, the phone system they have kept cutting in and out and making all kinds of noise. I planned on financing a $7k project for the 24 mo 0% finance deal. So I told the rep I wanted a $10,000 limit (so I wouldn't have it maxed out). She entered it into the system and I was declined. No counter offer, just declined. So I told her to cancel the account because I didn't want it. I told her that they must think I am a little kid offering me only a $1,000 credit line.

So now I have a Hard Inquiry for nothing. 

The terms of the Lowe's card are not good. It is a very expensive credit line and the only thing that interested me was the 24 month zero percent financing. 

STAY AWAY!

Message 9 of 61
JNA1
Valued Contributor

@Remedios wrote:

This is not that much different from AODs selfie with ID. 

That’s what I was thinking. I imagine identify theft is rampant (moreso than usual) with all of the things going on right now. I’m happy to see companies take steps to cut down on that.

Plus, it makes you feel pretty good. I mean afterall, the CSR at AOD asked me to confirm my phone number AFTER seeing my selfie. Coincidence? Not in MY mind! 😂😂😜
Our credit card journey started 3/2018

Hover over cards to see limits and usage. Total CL - $584,600. Cash Back and SUBs earned as of 9/1/22- $15292.65
CU Memberships

Goal Cards:

Message 10 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.