Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MC Price Protection

tag
ToxikPH
Established Contributor

MC Price Protection

Hey everyone,

I just filed a price protection claim on my Walmart MC from black friday and uploaded the required documents. It provides a link to see these documents but says that nothing has been recieved. When I submitted the files it said successful upload to all of them. Does it take some time for that link to show the documents? Is there another way I can make sure the documents were recieved? Do I just wait for the claim to be processed now if they were successful?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: MC Price Protection

Is this an issuer perk from Synchrony? Capital One? 

I think the network perk was discontinued in July.

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 9
luxlight
Regular Contributor

Yea from what i understand, a bunch of cards and mastercard dropped price protection. Think there are some fringe cards that still have it but most of the ones on the market have taken them all down.

FICO 8 Scores

TU: 743 [2 Inquiry] | EQ: 742 (FAKO) [0 Inquiry] | EX: 753 [4 Inquiries]

AAoA = 2 years, AAoOA = 3 year 1 months

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One hasn't updated the terms for any of their cards to show any of these things being removed. Even their Platinum MasterCard still says it has extended warranty for 12 months and Capital One has sent nothing telling me that either of my accounts has lost any benefits. 

https://www.capitalone.com/credit-cards/benefits-guide/

Message 4 of 9
luxlight
Regular Contributor

Interesting, they even have price protection still up as well. Honestly, I'd wanna grab one of their cards but that triple pull they do seems a little excessive. Is there no way around the triple pull? All of my current cards have dropped their most valuable benefits Smiley Sad

FICO 8 Scores

TU: 743 [2 Inquiry] | EQ: 742 (FAKO) [0 Inquiry] | EX: 753 [4 Inquiries]

AAoA = 2 years, AAoOA = 3 year 1 months

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wouldn't get a card just for those benefits. It's very likely that Capital One will axe them too since it's MasterCard that's actually pushing to drop them, it's just a matter of time right now. 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Crap, that's what I didn't want to hear. Cap One is my last card with extended....looks like I may need to bite the bullet, join Costco and get their Citi Smiley Sad
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Crap, that's what I didn't want to hear. Cap One is my last card with extended....looks like I may need to bite the bullet, join Costco and get their Citi Smiley Sad

I mean nothing has been announced yet, it just seems a bit odd for Capital One to foot the bill on every benefit their competition got rid of, especially since they don't really advertise it outside of the little booklet that comes with the card(s) in the mail. I didn't even remember that my QS has an extended warranty even being a lowly Platinum card. 

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree. Only place I've seen it is down on the bottom of the benefit page and in that booklet. I'm in the middle of working w them to try and get the 2 year costo approved for a year 3, and it''s been a little painful - plus it's just 1 additional year.

May just be easier to deal with costco citi going forward for any warranty stuff for the 2 extra years, get cheaper gas, and 3% restaurant which for us would pay for the membership (1% extra over citi dcb)

RIP the days where ever card had this...biggest problem was which to use Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.