Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Credit Moving BEWARE!!!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Macy's Credit Moving BEWARE!!!

If you make changes to your Macy's Account like an address update they place a BLOCK on the account and you have to call in to consumer protection.  I said why does the system allow you to update this online and not tell me I need to call in to verify, I have to get denied shopping somewhere?

He says it's to be sure it's the cardmember making the address change.

I said, isn't that what signing in to my online customer account and doing that verification is for? Not to mention 25+ banks and Macy's Store/Amex is the only bank that puts a full on BLOCK on the account for an address change?!

He says that's policy.

So if that is policy then why wouldn't you make people call in from beginning or have a pop up online about it, or try to call me? Why do I have to get denied to know to call for security?

He had nothing to say... When I have to call Macy's Credit it makes me HATE the card.

Also will be 2 full billing cycles for the update to my Macy's American Preferred Account and new card to be sent out.... WHY do you need 60 days to update me to Black card and send out new cards and my rewards?!

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
mnavas
Frequent Contributor

Re: Macy's Credit Moving BEWARE!!!

Macys is very known to not trust their online forms... They place a block on your account when you add an AU on the online profile... I remembered i add my mom on my account online profile and when i was about to use my card at Macys it didn't go through and the salesperson had to call to credit services because they wanted to make sure it was me the one i add the AU
Message 2 of 13
LS2982
Mega Contributor

That is some BS. Smiley Sad

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 3 of 13
fuzzybean
Frequent Contributor

What did they ask you when you called them? 

That is some crazy stuff.  Thank you for the warning.  I'll be changing addresses soon so this is good to know.

Message 4 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

They asked me new address phone number and DOB! That's all!
Message 5 of 13
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@mnavas wrote:
Macys is very known to not trust their online forms... They place a block on your account when you add an AU on the online profile... I remembered i add my mom on my account online profile and when i was about to use my card at Macys it didn't go through and the salesperson had to call to credit services because they wanted to make sure it was me the one i add the AU

The same happened when I added my brothers as authorised users. When I rang in to activate it he told me he had to ask some questions to make sure it was me. The second time I tried to make a purchase online and found out they had blocked it until I rang in to say it was me who added my little brother as an authorised user. It's annoying, but they are pretty into security.

Message 6 of 13
lakerfan2011
Regular Contributor

what i didnt like about them is you had to get approval every time you made a purchase with a store card it never reported your credit limit on your credit card and they did a soft inquiry of your credit every time you made purchase this is a horrible credit card.

Message 7 of 13
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@lakerfan2011 wrote:

what i didnt like about them is you had to get approval every time you made a purchase with a store card it never reported your credit limit on your credit card and they did a soft inquiry of your credit every time you made purchase this is a horrible credit card.

I think Macy's took a worse rap on that for the lower end cards before they stopped doing credit lines... I think some either didn't know or thought because they now had no Credit Line that the $100 or $300 they had before would not be there anymore! I had $10,700 before the CL's went away and was told I should be okay up into that neighborhood the whole time CL's were gone and when CL's came back so did the $10,700.

Message 8 of 13
TiggerDat
Valued Contributor

It sounds to me that this is more of a hassle to have.

It is by will alone I set my mind in motion.....
Always follow these rules: Only take a HP for a new account. Always use the best rewards card for that reward category. Don't close a card unless you know you really should. Never use more than 35% of a credit limit. Recon as much and as best you can. Use the introductory period to the best advantage. Get the signup bonus. Whenever possible PIF or balance transfer so you pay less in interest. Never give an excellent rating when it is actually the norm. Always look for a discount as more is always better.
Always accept candy from strangers because they have the best candy or from people you know have good candy.
Message 9 of 13
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@lakerfan2011 wrote:

I always found it odd that everyone hated this and thought it appropriate to boycott and slam Macy's about it. American Express does the same thing and most people have no problem not knowing their limit.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.