Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Macy's Store/Amex CLI Before 6 Months?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Macy's Store/Amex CLI Before 6 Months?

Is it even possible to get CLI on either store or Amex before 3-4 months store and 6 for Amex or 6 for both now?

It is still SP right? they usually say HP but in my past experience up till later part of last year it was still just SP's.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Re: Macy's Store/Amex CLI Before 6 Months?

I just did it for store and it was a soft, even though she said soft. The previous increase was in September I think, so it was about four months. I tried for the American Express branded and was told by all three channels(chat, secure message, and ringing) that it had to be six months to request another increase.

In December I sent a message and it was a few days unanswered so I initiated a chat to raise the American Express limit. It was a soft and she raised it by 1000. A few days later they finally messaged back and asked if I still wanted the increase. I figured why not and they processed it and she raised it by 4000 with a hard on Experian. So maybe since the increases were so close, secure message representative couldn't see that it had recently been increased?

Message 2 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

I just did it for store and it was a soft, even though she said soft. The previous increase was in September I think, so it was about four months. I tried for the American Express branded and was told by all three channels(chat, secure message, and ringing) that it had to be six months to request another increase.

In December I sent a message and it was a few days unanswered so I initiated a chat to raise the American Express limit. It was a soft and she raised it by 1000. A few days later they finally messaged back and asked if I still wanted the increase. I figured why not and they processed it and she raised it by 4000 with a hard on Experian. So maybe since the increases were so close, secure message representative couldn't see that it had recently been increased?

What did you open with and what are you at now with increases?

back in 2008 I started with $1k store and $2k Visa with my mom... by 2009 I was $12k Visa and $10.7k Store and $3600 Furniture.

Message 3 of 18
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Opened Macys store in April 2010 with $300 (first credit item ever). In September 2010 they raised it to 1000 where it sat because I didn't see a need to ask for an increase. In April? last year I asked for an increase and it was upped to 2500. In September I just wanted an even 3000 and it was granted.

In January 2012 I asked to be reviewed for the American Express and was approved for 5000. December is when I got the two increases and it is now at 10000.

I don't reckon I'll ask for any more increases on the store because I don't want it to take away from what they will grant on the American Express branded card.

Message 4 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@navigatethis12 wrote:

Opened Macys store in April 2010 with $300 (first credit item ever). In September 2010 they raised it to 1000 where it sat because I didn't see a need to ask for an increase. In April? last year I asked for an increase and it was upped to 2500. In September I just wanted an even 3000 and it was granted.

In January 2012 I asked to be reviewed for the American Express and was approved for 5000. December is when I got the two increases and it is now at 10000.

I don't reckon I'll ask for any more increases on the store because I don't want it to take away from what they will grant on the American Express branded card.

This Macy's American Express is backed by Citi on the American Express Card Network for processing of transactions.  The American Express Bank itself and cards will have no relationship to the credit line on Macy's... However higher Credit Lines usually means higher credit lines with other banks... NOT always... don't go getting mad at me someone.

Message 5 of 18
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

This Macy's American Express is backed by Citi on the American Express Card Network for processing of transactions.  The American Express Bank itself and cards will have no relationship to the credit line on Macy's... However higher Credit Lines usually means higher credit lines with other banks... NOT always... don't go getting mad at me someone.

You misunderstood me. I meant I don't want Macy's to say, "Sorry we can't give you any more credit on the American Express card because you are maxed out with us." I don't need more than 3000 on the store so do not want to waste any more credit on it. I know the Centurion Bank is in no way related to the card, though complaints on various website indicatenot everyone knows that.

Message 6 of 18
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

@navigate this how did your credit report look like when you asked for Macys to be upgrade to AMEX??

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 7 of 18
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

@navigate this how did your credit report look like when you asked for Macys to be upgrade to AMEX??

Oldest account age: 22 months

Inquiries: 13 or 14?

Utilisation: 0%

New accounts (under six months old): 8?

Highest limit reporting may have been 10000 or 5200, not sure, but they gave me 5000

Message 8 of 18
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

Also who did they pull and what was the credit score of that bureau?? Thanks!!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 9 of 18
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest wrote:

Also who did they pull and what was the credit score of that bureau?? Thanks!!

They pull EX usually 99% only and sometimes grab another. I would not do it if you are under a 700.

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.